MAP03: Manufacturing Plant (Mars War)
|Mars War maps 01-11|
(01 - 11)
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP03: Manufacturing Plant is the third map of Mars War by Nathan Lineback. It uses a MIDI conversion of the second tracker module which plays in the demo "Buttman: The Terminated" by the Norwegian demoscene group Twilight Zone.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Other points of interest
- At the start of the level, there is a megaarmor on top of a crate in the northwest. Push this crate to obtain the megaarmor, as well as a medikit and a plasma gun hidden behind it. (sector 268)
- In the passageway overlooking the cavern, press on the computer controls at the north to find a computer area map. (sector 277)
- At the other side of the chasm, there is a switch in the southeast. Activate it, and quickly run back into the passageway overlooking the cavern to find that part of the railing has lowered, allowing you to jump into the cavern, and find a stimpack, a medikit, two health bonuses, one armor bonus, two clips, 4 shotgun shells, and an energy cell. (sector 240) In the same area is a lift with a supercharge floating over it; activate the lift to obtain it. To escape this secret, activate the lift in the northwest of the room.
- In the wooden hall leading to the yellow door, enter the southeast room to find that part of it is blocked off by a wide crate. Use the crates in front of it to climb onto it, drop down, and then open the nearby door. After this, press on either of the two demon heads at the south to find three health bonuses, three armor bonuses, a berserk, a box of rockets, and a rocket launcher. (sector 123) Upon entering this secret, the wide crate will sink into the ground, allowing you to exit this secret.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:52.74||BigBoy91||2021-01-10||mw03p052.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV max||4:28.83||Aleks Shahov (Plut)||2014-01-19||mw03-428.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on February 21, 2022.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 9)
- facing east. (thing 10)
- facing north. (thing 11)
- facing south. (thing 12)
- facing north. (thing 111)
- facing south. (thing 112)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
Inspiration and development
The text file for the WAD mentions that this level was originally designed for a Spear of Destiny mod. It also indicates that Mars War was originally developed for the first game, hence this map being the third of the set and the presence of more than one shuttle, as the one in the shop was supposed to lead to a secret level in the same manner as the exit to E1M9: Military Base being found in E1M3: Toxin Refinery.
- Mars War demos at the Doom Speed Demo Archive
- YouTube video of Buttman: The Terminated, the source of the background music
- ↑ Nathan Lineback (12 July 2009). MARSWAR V3.01. Doomworld /idgames. Retrieved 7 December 2022.