MAP03: Ravage (Refracted Reality)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- At the start, go to the west side and fall into the lava there to find a megaarmor. (sector 140)
- At the large bridge over lava, you can see an arrow pointing down towards the northwest side. Fall towards that area to find a plasma gun and an energy cell pack. The switch teleports you to the secret, which has another energy cell pack. (sector 3783)
- Just before you get to the bridge that has the yellow skull key, in the area east of it, jump southwest into the cave with two shotgun guys and take the teleporter to get a megasphere. (sector 3030)
- At Secret #3, fall to the left to get a soul sphere. (sector 563)
- In the central area which is a bit northwest from where the yellow skull key was, there is a portal to the north. Ignore the portal and open the wall in the southeast corner to enter a secret area resembling MAP08 of Progressive Duel 2. You need to find the BFG9000, which is in the north end of the map, to get this secret. (sector 1654)
- In the inner sanctum where the exit is, go to the southwest wall and open it to find a backpack, energy cell packs, and either an invulnerability (Hurt Me Plenty or lower, thing 354) or a megasphere (Ultra-Violence or higher, thing 355).
This map may sometimes not register as completed upon returning to the main hub. This is because the ACS script (number 3) that gives the token item necessary to register completion is assigned to the final cyberdemon (thing number 1013), and gives the item to its killer upon its death. If the cyberdemon dies as a result of infighting, the token will be given to the monster who kills it instead of the player. To ensure the completion of this map is registered properly, type "give RR_MapCompleted3" in the console before exiting.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on February 21, 2022.