MAP03: Sifting Adjunct (UAC Ultra)
|UAC Ultra levels|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Grab the chaingun and open the door. In this hall, the yellow door is to your right so head left and into the grey water. Just follow the path killing monsters until you reach a lift with three ammo clips on it. Take it down to a switch and flip it, then take the lift back up. Several compartments are now open, so kill any monsters as you see as you head east. There will be a super shotgun on a platform, so take it and take either door to the next room. This large room has an arachnotron, a baron of Hell, several imps, and a couple of Hell knights. Proceed to the next room; as you approach, the red key will lower along with two arch-viles to the sides. Kill them and press the hand switch to open the door back.
Backtrack to just before you started heading through the grey water, where there will be a red door. Inside are some lost souls and chaingunners (the latter are on Hurt Me Plenty or higher). Flip the switch here to lower a lift with imps on it. Take this lift up and hit the next switch at the end of the hall, lowering back to the grey water region again. A new switch appears with imps guarding it, kill them and look out for cacodemons when you go to press this next switch. This switch opens up two side paths close to the switch, so take either one to a teleporter. This teleporter takes you to a hallway you have been in previously, but now you can access the yellow key.
The platform lowers upon touching it, and you will be back at the first hallway you were in, but with Hell knights attacking you (spectres on Hey Not Too Rough or lower). Open the yellow door and kill the imps and mancubus in this room. The next door reveals a hallway with several enemies. The first fork on the right has a rocket launcher which could come in handy. At the end of the hallway, you will reach the final room. Try to ascend the steps here and they will lower. Fight off the enemies for a bit, and then wait for the stairs to come back. A baron of Hell and some spectres will show up while you wait for the stairs, so kill them, as well as the revenants in the exit elevator.
Other points of interest
- Directly to your east at the start, press the panel and get a berserk pack. (sector 226)
- After flipping the switch in the northern part of the map, take the lift back up to find several compartments have opened. One of these compartments is directly to your right with a mancubus (on Ultra-Violence or higher) or a Hell knight (lower difficulties). The eastern wall in this compartment can be opened for a megaarmor. (sector 232)
- In the large room after the super shotgun, straferun from the south end of the room eastward, over the crate containing a box of shotgun shells, and to the wall with the blinking panel. Hit the switch to lower a crate to the north containing an invulnerability sphere. (sector 281)
- After returning from getting the red key, you will see a computer area map visible in the grey water section. To get it, proceed through the level until you can access a teleporter in the grey water. Before entering it, you can go through the waterfall on the west side, and through this corridor you can obtain the computer map. (sector 240)
- In the room with the rocket launcher, the panel with several cracks on it can be opened for a switch. (sector 213)
- The switch in Secret #5 reveals a nearby passage containing several armor bonuses. (sector 208)
- Go to the end of the passage past Secret #6. Look north and press the indentation to retrieve a soul sphere. (sector 23)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Inspiration and development
The map was originally created as a 'filler' map. It is made up of many cut up rooms of unfinished Doom 2 maps by Jon Vail, and retextured to utilize UAC Ultra's texture pack. Much of the mapping was done by Jon Vail, save for the exit room which was created by Super Jamie, however Jamie performed the majority of item and monster placement throughout the entire map. This map was originally planned for the MAP05 slot until it was agreed that the map was relatively short compared to the maps that were currently being worked on, and that it would be easy to tone down the difficulty to move it to the MAP03 slot instead.