MAP03: Starlight Square (DBP37: AUGER;ZENITH)
|DBP37: AUGER;ZENITH maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Exit the train via the landing platform to the south and climb the staircase to exit the train station. You will exit atop a large staircase leading into the titular Starlight Square. From here you will need to head to the building at the far north-eastern corner of the map either by breaking through the topmost glass window on the eastern wall (the one housing a super shotgun) and heading through the southern door once the path dead ends or by navigating to the ledge behind the bookstore and jumping through the glass window to the building east of the ledge and heading up the stairway. From here, leap through the window onto the ledge of the black building to the south and head south-east along the edge until it dead ends. Run south across the gap to the rooftop park and climb the staircase to the east. Shoot the glass and jump through the window of the northern building to enter a server room. Head west from the window and go through the door to enter an office housing the blue key. Grab the blue key from the desk and head back through the window you entered from.
After dropping down from the window, head towards the riverfront and drop down into the water. Head south and climb the ladder on the western wall leading up to the blue key door. Go through the blue key door and take the stairway to the building's rooftop. Grab the red key and drop down from the northern end of the roof. Head back up the giant staircase and return to the train station. Head back to the player spawn point and open the red door. Exit the level by running through the darkened train car.
Other points of interest
- You spawn in a train station, with landing platforms north and south of you. The one to the north seems off limits, but you can get there by straferunning off the benches out one of the windows. Once there, drop into the gap between the train and the platform, and go west. You will reach a secret area with a dead imp and yellow key. (sector 2339)
- Going up the first set of stairs, you'll see a 3D holographic display reading: "Mindblood Genesis: now on Holotape". Walk onto that display and interact with the cracked circuitry in the wall behind it (you may need to spam a bit). This lowers a secret wall and reveals a supercharge. (sector 1430)
- Once you exit the subway tunnel, you will encounter a large south-facing stairwell into Starlight Square proper. Hug the western wall to discover a small elevated ledge that will take you to the large fenced-off area to the west. Once there, collect the berserk pack in the boxing ring to collect this secret. (sector 1208)
- In the same fenced-off section as in secret 3, you'll see a fountain with a computer area map - the sector containing it is marked as a secret. (sector 2758)
- Taking the grand stairwell down into Starlight Square, there is some kind of store to the east - inside are 4 bookshelves with goodies on top. The one with the backpack is a secret - to access it, look for a dark 4-panel computer in the northwest corner of the shop. Interacting with it lowers the two northernmost bookshelves. Ride up the northeastern bookshelf and run across to the one with the backpack. (sector 1482)
- Just east of the store mentioned in secret 5, there is a noodle bar. You can see an interactable switch within - to get inside, take the ladder north to parkour across the building roofs, eventually being able to strafe-jump into the bar from the east. Interacting with the switch opens the wall across from the bar, between the two trash cans, housing a secret megaarmor. (sector 2144)
- The yellow key obtained in secret #1 can be used to open a closet with a megasphere and ammo located inside the building with the blue door.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:46.51||2022-02-13||dbp3703p046.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.