MAP03: The Gantlet (Doom 2 In Name Only)
|Doom 2 In Name Only maps 01-11|
This level occupies the map slot MAP03. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP03.
MAP03: The Gantlet is the third map of Doom 2 In Name Only. It was designed by _bruce_.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Once you operate the first lift with the chaingunner on it, ride it up and press the metal panel to the north. Lower the lift and then run west to the megaarmor. (sector 40)
- After getting the red key, return west to the lift and head down. In the next room, a new compartment has opened up with a chaingunner, a barrel, and a switch inside. After pressing this switch, return to the lift and go back to the four-way intersection, then turn south and there will be a new opening in the water here. This leads to a big secret area that eventually wraps around to the north side of the intersection. There is a partial invisibility behind the waterfall as well as other pickups to find. (sector 91)
- A metal panel along the southeast curve in the map has an electricity symbol on it. Press on it to briefly lower a wall to the north, where you can find a backpack. (sector 134)
- The monster compartment that opens upon grabbing the blue key has a hidden berserk pack behind the metal panel. (sector 216)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are: