MAP03: The Islet (Erkattanne)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
Take the shotgun and open the door in the starting room. In the internal corridor go forward and take the first staircase to the left. Head to the left again until you can exit to the surrounding slime/nukage corridor. Carefully follow this corridor to the left to eventually come to a staircase at the south east that leads down into a dark room. The key is put here. Go slightly right to find a lift and travel up. Preparing to spectre and chaingunner ambushes, take the keycard. The floor will be sunk, so to go out of this room you have to find a switch near the lift you lowered.
When back in the slime/nukage corridor, head all the way toward north where you discover an UAC door to the left of you. Go to the stairs at the other end of the room. In the sequent room flip the switch to make the key obtainable. Now, jump down and descend into a room where you can take the keycard.
Go to the internal corridor and the stairs in the west again. This time, open the blue door in this room to the left. First, kill the chaingunners and former sergeants at the balconies atop. Then, press the switch to make the key accessible. To get the key return to the outer slime/nukage corridor and head to the west stairs that were previously not built. Take the keycard and head back to the inner corridor. Open the yellow key bars (north west of the corridor) and descend to the outside. Fight the enemies and go to the exit door. Kill one or two imps and finish.
Other points of interest
At the south east of the slime/nukage corridor there is a brown door. Behind it is a room with a super shotgun and a chaingunner.
- Exit the starting room and head down the steps to the north. As you do, a lift lowers. Run northwest to the bright gray area, then turn east and open the door. Get the computer area map before it rises to get the secret. (sector 198)
- From the red key platform, jump due south so you land on some tiny steps, Hug the south wall as you go left, and you will reach the ledge that has a backpack. (sector 125)
- In the crate room past the red key door, get on the stack of crates at the east side and enter the passage to hear a lift lower. The lift is the crate behind the large stack to the north of the one you climbed. Get on it and ride it up, then jump east to the teleporter. This teleporter takes you to the cages at the south end, where you can get a plasma gun. (sector 106)
- In the crate room past the red key door, get on the stack of crates at the east side and enter the passage to hear a lift lower. The lift is the crate behind the large stack to the north of the one you climbed. Get on it and ride it up, then jump southwest to the gray crate below. You have to land on it, and it can take a few tries. Once you land on it, the north wall opens, leading back to the sewer, as well as another wall to the north. At the top of this path is a soul sphere. (sector 193)
- After you get the blue key, a wall east of the fence opens up. Go to the sewer and enter this area, then take the north path. Open the wall at the dead end to find a teleporter. This will take you to an area west of the starting point where a pillar with a blur artifact will lower. (sector 45)
- Raise the steps leading to the yellow key platform, then go to that platform. As soon as you do, run southeast through the sewer and shoot at the button in the distance before it closes. Return to the yellow key platform and head south to get a berserk pack. (sector 62)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 225)
- facing east. (thing 226)
- facing west. (thing 227)
- facing south. (thing 228)
- facing west. (thing 229)
- facing east. (thing 230)
- facing north. (thing 231)
- facing west. (thing 232)