MAP03: The Sign of Armageddon (Japanese Community Project)
|Japanese Community Project|
This level occupies the map slot MAP03. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP03.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- From the start of the map, turn around 180 degrees and jump into the water, then head right. Follow the small path to the left of the stairs until you reach a small cavern with a demon and a chaingun to the right. Use the wall behind the demon to lower a wall (sector 93), behind which there lies a berserk pack on the ground. Beware of the spectre waiting behind it on Hurt Me Plenty and above.
- From Secret #1, go up the stairs to the green gargoyle door that you need to lower to proceed. Eliminate all enemies behind the door, then stand on top of it while it's lowered down. Before it rises all the way back up, straferun into either window at the side of the door, and you will find yourself in a small alcove where you can pick up a box of rockets and bullets (sector 55), eight shotgun shells, and two clips.
- In the large H-shaped room that can be accessed from either of the two staircases at the start of the level, turn right at the entrance, and open up the only bloodied skull wall to reveal three rockets and a medikit. (sector 88)
- At the switch that lowers the lift to the yellow key, use the wall to the left of the switch (between the metal trim), which will reveal a small room (sector 9) with a stained glass wall, two stimpacks, a clip, and four shotgun shells.
- In the same secret as #4, use the stained glass wall to reveal a soul sphere (sector 118).
- Once the yellow key is picked up, the walkway with the three pillars will lower two of its pillars, and reveal a revenant and (on Hurt Me Plenty and above) a Hell knight. Simply use the pillar that was not lowered (sector 151) to reveal a chainsaw.
- In the room with the red key, press use on the wall bordered with health bonuses, this will lead (sector 303) to an area above the waterfall, with two rockets and a backpack.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are: