MAP03: Acid Base (Crimson Canyon)
(Redirected from MAP03 (Crimson Canyon))
|Crimson Canyon maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP03. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP03.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- After the first door with blue lights bordering it, you may notice a very thin ledge leading to a platform, blocked by an exploding barrel. Destroy the barrel, and cross the ledge to find a switch. Press it, and bars will lower nearby. Drop into the pit, walk over the bars, and enter the curving passage to find a super shotgun and two boxes of shells in front of a nukage fall. Walk through it to obtain a computer map. To the west of the same location, you can jump onto a pillar with a mega armor floating over it.
- On your way to the switch that raises the bridge, there is a wide supercomputer with a switch on its west side. Flip it, and a nearby wall will open to unveil two medikits, four boxes of rockets, and a rocket launcher.
- In the room west of the bridge, there is another narrow ledge you can cross to the south-west. Walk across it, dispose of the Hell knight, and look to the south-east of the alcove to find a differently-textured wall. Open it to find four cells and a switch. Press it, and backtrack to the toxic pool east of where you found the bridge-raising switch to find a BFG9000.
- On your way to the blue keycard, you can find a section of metal paneling with piping on it, looking very conspicuous in comparison to the walls around it. Press on it to find a passageway containing a medikit and a plasma rifle.
- As you enter the room with gray pillars in the north-east of the map, a wide alcove will open to release enemies. In the north-west of this alcove is a section of wall with cross-shaped paneling. Push it to find a bulk cell and security armor.
Some monsters might not teleport, for example the cacodemons in screenshot #2's room.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 13, 2021.