MAP04: Alpha Base (Mars War)
|Mars War maps 01-11|
MAP04: Alpha Base is the fourth map of Mars War by Nathan Lineback. It uses a MIDI conversion of the tracker module "demomusik" by Jonas Qvistmose (Blazer) and Trance.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- To the southeast of the blue key, there is a door leading into a flight of stairs. Head down the stairs, and you will enter a room with a supercharge in a core and a T-section to the north. Activate the switch at the south, head into the T-section, and face east to find an open doorway leading to megaarmor. (sector 108) Stepping into the secret will cause the eastern corners of the previous room to lower, bearing imps, while grabbing the megaarmor will result in a teleporter opening nearby. Enter it to be teleported to the supercharge; grab it and step off the core to return.
- The switch which opens secret #1 will also open the door across from it. Head west in the T-section, take the lift, and head through the passage to find a stimpack, two medikits, five armor bonuses, and partial invisibility. (sector 89) Nearby is a small doorway leading into the north of the map.
- Enter the T-section as described in the previous secret and you will hear a lift lower, which is at the southwest end of the room. Take it up, then go north and hop the gap to find a plasma gun. (sector 129)
- When you reach the teleporter where the red key is, you will be teleported onto a table at the northern part of the base. Return to the red key room when this happens and press on the wall to the south of the red key to find a berserk pack. (sector 288)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NM speed||0:43.80||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2011-03-21||mw04n043.zip|
|UV -fast||4:23.77||Andrey Boldt (Hitherto)||2011-03-21||mw04f423.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 12, 2023.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 4)
- facing north-east. (thing 5)
- facing west. (thing 6)
- facing east. (thing 7)
- facing east. (thing 38)
- facing south-east. (thing 39)