MAP04: Deja Vu (Community Chest 2)
|Community Chest 2 maps 01-11|
MAP04: Deja Vu is the fourth map of Community Chest 2. It was designed by Gene Bird, and was originally released standalone as part of his Blind Alley series.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Almost every room in this map has a variety of monsters, so take note of that.
The pentagram face here is a door. Open it and climb up the stairs here. You will have to make a running jump to the left. When you make it, open the door and at the end, flip the switch. This causes a pillar to rise in the previous room allowing access to the next area. Be sure to pick up the super shotgun along the way. Open the door here, and flip the switch in the far corner of this room to open a passageway further on. Grab the chaingun and keep going until you reach a switch at a dead end. Pressing it opens the walls, and monsters surround you at this point. Take the rocket launcher and go through the doors to the east and drop down into the nukage (do not worry, it is harmless), making sure you pick up the red skull key along the way. Ride the lift up, open the door, and press the switch to open a passage behind you. At the fork, you have to go right, and then up a staircase to another switch which opens the blocked passage. Keep going and you will eventually reach the outdoor courtyard with the yellow skull key. Attempting to pick it up triggers a monster ambush. After the yellow door, enter the teleporter, and after a few doors you will end up in another nukage-filled zone. Pressing the switch here surrounds you with monsters and opens up the door to the east, into a square-shaped hallway. Go through this hallway and flip the switch, which will let you loop around into the center structure where pressing the switch lowers another teleporter to a different area.
You will end up in a house of sorts, which, after a few doors, becomes what appears to be a prison. Flip two switches in this area and you can head north into another square-shaped hallway. The switch to the north opens the doors to the middle of the square as well as the teleporter that was inaccessible in the prison-like area. It also causes several monsters to teleport around your vicinity. The middle square block with the computer area map can be lowered by pressing it. When done here, take the teleport in the prison section to warp back to the outdoor courtyard where the yellow key was. Here, a final door has opened. Pressing the switch will end the map.
Other points of interest
- To the east of the well where the red key is found is a misaligned wall. Open it to find a cell, a box of shells, a box of rockets, a rocket launcher, and a backpack. (sector 183)
- In the room immediately following the yellow door, there is a section of the northern wall not covered in grime. Open it to find a teleporter. (sector 134)
- Enter the teleporter in secret #2 to reach the stone tower outside, where you can get two medikits and a soul sphere. (sector 130)
- In the corridor around the gray platform in the east, a section of the west wall has vertical bands on it. Open it to find a medikit, a box of bullets, and a bulk cell. (sector 175)
- Another similar alcove can be found in the south of the area, where you can get a medikit, a box of ammo, a box of shells, and a box of rockets. (sector 176)
- Another wall with vertical bands on it can be found in the east side, but does not open when pressed on. After flipping the switch at the end of the hall, return to this area to find a cell, a plasma rifle, and a megasphere. (sector 177)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 104)
- facing north. (thing 105)
- facing north. (thing 122)
- facing north. (thing 124)