MAP04: Divine Judgment (Reverie)
|Reverie maps 01-11|
This level occupies the map slot MAP04. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP04.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Open the door behind your starting point and press the switch, quickly turning around to get rid of the chaingunner. Go straight east and lower the wall with the light on it to get a berserk pack and a teleporter back to the starting point. (sector 52)
- Enter the room with the soul sphere pillar and go to the southwest column. The southern part of this column has a small indent. Press on it, then get out of the room and go east. You should see a teleporter lowering. Take this teleporter to a small room (sector 95) with a medikit and a passage to the nukage pool at the southern part of the map. Follow the catwalk to the left and press on the wall to get a super shotgun.
- Enter the nukage pool at the southern part of the map and go to the northeast corner of this pool to find a switch. Press it, then go to the room with the soul sphere pillar to retrieve the powerup. (sector 129)
- At the northern nukage area, spot the side of the northeast tower with scratches on it and press it. Quickly run to the passage to the north all the way to the end to reach the rocket launcher. (sector 182)
- Ride the platform where Secret #4 is up and then jump to the tower to teleport to a different location. Reenter the teleporter to appear inside a stone pillar (sector 136) in the southern nukage pool, possibly telefragging the chaingunner(s) there.
- Inside the shack with the blue switch, press on the blue bar to reveal a teleporter behind you, then flip the switch requiring the blue key. Flip the switch behind this one, then quickly enter the teleporter. You should be able to access the yellow key. The switch that lower the barrier to the yellow key also lowers one at the southern end of the hallway to the east, but this one is much tougher to reach. What you need to do is flip the switch again, enter the teleporter, and stand on the barrier to the yellow key pedestal. It will try to rise up but will go back down since you are on it. When it does so, open the door, stand on the barrier again to prevent it from rising, and finally run south as fast as you can to the teleporter here to reach the secret area (sector 274). This area only has shotgun guys (or zombiemen on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower), but you can collect the items they leave behind.
- After flipping the switch requiring the yellow key in the soul sphere pillar room, enter the teleporter and then go back to the L-shaped nukage pool. The northwest stairs will be open. Look at the bodies at the base of the steps and notice one of them is twitching. Press on it to reveal a computer area map. (sector 281)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.