MAP04: Isolated Outpost (2048 Unleashed)
|2048 Unleashed maps 01-11|
|All Hope for Terror|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Take the shotgun then go through the door ahead to enter a tan hallway and turn left to kill three zombies. Turn left again to see a cargo room containing two zombiemen, plus a Hell knight and two demons on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level or higher. Head west over the small boxes then turn right to see the yellow keycard in a small alcove - when you pick up the key a set of bars will close behind you and a demon will be released on your right (or a knight on HMP or higher), so kill it quickly then press the switch it was guarding to re-open the bars.
Go back to the tan hallway and head north, then go round a corner to see a small door ahead which requires the yellow key to open. Open the door and kill three shotgun guys and a chaingunner, then step off the lift to drop into a large chamber with two or three cacodemons. Flip the switch by the west wall to open a door behind you and reveal a knight (or an arch-vile on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM) skill levels), as well as causing some demons to teleport in. Go through the door you just opened and press the switch behind it to finish the level.
Other points of interest
Just before the yellow key door is a larger door with a red keycard behind it, which is used to open a door opposite the door from the starting room. Go through the door then head down the steps on your right to find one or two revenants guarding a terminal with an arrow pointing at it. Pressing this terminal will open a passage to the exit area.
A super shotgun can be found in a small passage between the cargo rooms.
- At the start, use the middle terminal (with a gray computer screen in front of it) to open the south door where you can access a berserk pack, as well as an armor on UV and NM. (sector 12)
- Exit the starting room and shoot at the recessed south wall to get a plasma gun. (sector 33)
- In the southern cargo room, climb the crates and jump to the southwest corner to find an energy cell. (sector 251)
- In the northern cargo room, go to the west side and climb the crates going north until you can drop to the floor where an energy cell is. (sector 314)
- Open the yellow door and shoot the wall with the yellow light to reveal a passage. This will lead to a supercharge and a megaarmor. (sector 31)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||2:01.91||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2015-12-17||pc204-201.zip|
|UV Tyson||3:04.20||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2015-12-15||pc204t304.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 3, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 156)
- facing east. (thing 157)
- facing south-west. (thing 158)
- facing north. (thing 159)
Inspiration and development
- Entering secret #5 will reveal a wall with Star Wars box art on it.