MAP04: Sedgemire (Speed of Doom)
|Speed of Doom maps 01-11|
Other points of interest
- Down the first lift, there is a hidden switch (linedef #5840) in the small place far on the right that opens a room for the berserk. (sector 1103)
- Just before grabbing the yellow key, just look on your right to open a small place for ammo boxes. (sector 1097)
- The small L with many armor bonuses after the yellow bars has a hidden switch (linedef #5929) that reveals a green armor. (sector 1123)
- Before falling in the moat (second screenshot), jump on the right: the nukage up there is secret. (sector 328)
- When you grab the rocket launcher, a heavy weapon dude comes from your left. Behind him, another hidden switch (linedef #1941) opens a room with rad shielding suits, you will need them. (sector 402)
- Don’t come back in the yellow key room, fall down and follow the brown and damaging nukage to a supercharge. (sector 585)
Areas / screenshots
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:45.86||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2010-04-11||sd04-045.zip|
|UV Tyson||14:12.20||Aleks Shahov (Plut)||2014-08-10||sd04t1412.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 4, 2022.
Inspiration and development
This map contains two BFG9000s, located in tunnels connected to the two large areas of green slime. but they cannot be accessed without cheating.