MAP04: Sedgemire (Speed of Doom)
|Speed of Doom maps 01-11|
Other points of interest
- Down the first lift, there is a hidden switch in the small alcove far on the right (with a Hell knight and chaingunner) that opens a nearby room with a berserk. (sector 1103)
- Just before grabbing the yellow key, look on your right to see a recessed wall. Open it for some boxes of shells. (sector 1097)
- The small L with many armor bonuses after the yellow bars has a hidden switch near the bottom of the wall, that reveals a green armor behind you. (sector 1123)
- Before falling in the sump with the tower where the baron of Hell is, head to the right and follow the cliffside until you can drop into a hole by the burnt tree. This spot has a lift that takes you to a nukage aqueduct. Your reward is a rocket launcher and an ambush. (sector 328)
- When you grab the rocket launcher in Secret #4, a spot on the wall to the side opens with a chaingunner in it. From where he was, look left for a shootable switch, that opens a room with a few radsuits. (sector 402)
- Pick up a radsuit from Secret #5 and from it, head north then drop down the ledge with the "Poison" sign. Follow the brown damaging sludge, killing demons along the way, until you find a supercharge. (sector 585)
Areas / screenshots
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:45.86||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2010-04-11||sd04-045.zip|
|UV Tyson||14:12.20||Aleks Shahov (Plut)||2014-08-10||sd04t1412.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 4, 2022.
Inspiration and development
This map contains two BFG9000s, located in tunnels connected to the two large areas of green slime. but they cannot be accessed without cheating.