MAP04: The Focus (Doom 2 In Name Only)
|Doom 2 In Name Only maps 01-11
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Open the door in front of you to reach a broken bridge, kill a waiting chaingunner and some zombiemen then follow the path north and west, following the course of the valley, until you reach a platform that lets you step across to the opposite side of the nukage river. Head back the way you came past a few monsters until you find yourself back at the broken bridge, then open the door here to enter a room with zombiemen. Go through the north doorway to dispatch more zombiemen, then enter a low hallway on the east side and turn left to enter a room with four columns; the yellow keycard is on a plinth at the west end of the room, but taking it will open the columns to reveal three or four demons.
Go back to the entrance room and enter the south hallway now, then go round the corner to see a yellow doorway ahead. Pass through it and press the button on your left to lower the floor, kill a waiting spectre then step off the lift to enter an underground tunnel. Follow the tunnel north over some red cracks until you get to a circular room with a lava pool, dispatch a few lost souls then enter the north-west tunnel and follow it round to a hall that is divided by a red wall. Step through the south doorway to find a few zombies protecting the red keycard.
With the red key, go to the south side of the circular room and press the button here to open the nearby bars, allowing you to collect a radiation shielding suit behind them. With the suit, you can safely enter the lava and walk east into a maze of tunnels that contain more lost souls; follow the tunnels north (health bonuses will guide your path on Hurt Me Plenty skill level or lower) until you find yourself on the north side of the northern-most room, then open the door here to find a shotgun guy guarding the exit button.
Other points of interest
- Once you go around to the door on the east side of the valley, go to where the armor bonuses and stimpacks are up against the wall. Make a running jump south-west to the nukage at the top end here and follow it until you reach a teleporter. This takes you to another ledge overlooking the valley with stimpacks and a super shotgun. (sector 48)
- In the yellow key room, open the misaligned wall behind the gray crate to find a chainsaw. (sector 184)
- Inside the exit room, there is another button to the left of the door. Press it and get out of the exit room where the two brown walls on the left and right sides have lowered. Ride either of them up and jump across to the elevated ledge where the imps were to get a backpack (sector 161). Note that the button in the exit room can only be used once.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 215)
- facing south-east. (thing 216)
- facing west. (thing 217)
- facing east. (thing 218)
- facing west. (thing 219)
- facing east. (thing 220)
- facing north-west. (thing 221)