MAP04: The Perched Monastery (Legacy of Heroes)
|Legacy of Heroes maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP04. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP04.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the large room at the south central part of the map, get on the high ledge where the mancubus is and face south. Shoot at the stained glass and drop down, then go through the east door to see a wall lowering, revealing a teleporter. Take it to get a plasma gun. (sector 239)
- At the entrance near the starting point, there is a hidden lift on the west block. Use the misaligned wall to trigger the lift and ride it up. You can then grab the backpack to the west. (sector 450)
- In the large room at the south central part of the map, get on the high ledge where the mancubus is and go outside via the north door. From where you entered, there are four green columns to your immediate left and your immediate right. Head to the south side of the rightmost column to find a hidden skull switch. After using it, head behind the leftmost column to find a passage to a teleporter. This teleporter takes you to rockets and an energy cell pack. (sector 451)
- After using the switches to raise the bridges in the middle of the map, enter the building to the south. When you enter, turn right and climb the steps, then get on the right side of the bookshelf to spot a hidden skull switch. Using it lowers the block on the right side of the room, revealing a green armor. (sector 918)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 12, 2021.