MAP04: The Terminal (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
|Doom 2 the Way id Did maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Walk up the staircase and press a button to your left to lower the lift (A). Go up by lift then go to any of the two alcoves and drop down. Come down on a staircase and press button to your right. Return and enter the newly opened room. Use the teleport pad and you will be spawned looking at small outside area. Go to your left to a newly opened place (B). Go to the door. It opens by itself as you come to it. Use the teleport. From a place where you have spawned go forth and make a jump run to another room. Pressing the button will raise a bridge leading to a blue keycard (C). It is optional to press it but is recommended because you can get back to the other side faster by walking on the bridge. Now, go to your right and jump off near the blue keycard or on the bridge. Go over the bridge to get to the other side or if you have not pressed that button use the lift at the starting area (A) to get to that side. Go to a place with two blue doors and a fence between them (D). Open any door. You are in a small cave (E). Now drop down and go forth to the button in the middle. Press it and several walls will open. Enter one of the two alcoves front of you. Get the red key or wait a lowering platform then get it. Go to the lowered wall between two fences at the top (F). Go forth, open the red keyed door and flip the switch to finish the level.
- Before dropping down the ledge in the cave area (E) go to left of you. Near the closed brown door open the wall to the south. Enter and go through the tunnel of the green cave. Open the door. Now, you are in a place surrounded with fence (sector 81) where you can get a cell and combat armor in the end of the corridor.
- In the cave drop down the ledge (E). Press the button to lower a column with the red key. A button at the top of the column will also be accessible to activate by shooting at it but first of all, you need to raise up in order to be at the same height with this button. Go to the west area of the cave (F). Raise by lift. Go forth and turn left. Go forth again to the area with two blue doors. Shoot the aforementioned button. Now, go back to the west part of cavern (F) and go down the stairs. Turn right and go forth to the teleporter pad. You will be on the top of two fences (sector 28). Now make a run jump to the other side and get a backpack and two rocket boxes.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV -fast||2:19.46||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-06-01||d2twid04f219.zip|
|UV Tyson||3:44.34||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-05-30||d2twid04t344.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 31, 2023.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 130)
- facing east. (thing 131)
- facing east. (thing 132)
- facing north-east. (thing 133)
- facing south. (thing 137)
- facing south-west. (thing 138)