MAP04: The Watering-place (The Invaders)
|The Invaders maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP04. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP04.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP04: The Watering-place is the fourth map of The Invaders. It was designed by Dominique Lavergne and uses the music track "".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Just before the blue key is an area which is similar to the opening room of MAP01: The Monastery (The Invaders). There is a secret door between the tall red firesticks, similar to one in the earlier map, leading to a rocket launcher, a box of shotgun shells, an energy cell pack (not on easy skill), two medikits (one on easy skill), and a soul sphere (not on hard skill) or a megasphere (hard skill). (sector 245)
- The south of the room behind the blue door has an area with 4 shotgun shells and a medikit (latter not on easy skill). The central part of the southern wall lowers on pressing, revealing a heavy weapon dude and a box of bullets. The western end of this room has a teleporter to the ledge with some ammo. (sector 199)
- After pressing the switches behind the blue door, return to the start area, where a room has opened up to the north-west. Part of the northern wall of this room lowers on pressing to reveal a room with two imps (one on easy skill), som ammo, and either a rocket launcher (easy and medium skills) or a plasma rifle (hard skill). (sector 225)
- East of the yellow key is a wall which lowers on pressing, revealing a soul sphere (on easy and medium skills) or a megasphere (hard skill). (sector 289)
If the crushing ceiling over the yellow key is activated, then secret #4 is entered (which stops the crusher) without the yellow key being collected, it may then become impossible to collect the yellow key and thus impossible to complete the level (both crusher linedefs only work once).
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||23:20.71||Mike Toliver||2000-12-17||in4m2320.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 5, 2021.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: