MAP04: Urinals (Erkattanne)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
Enter the building seen at the start. Inside take the chaingun and jump to the river and follow it until you come to the red door. Mind a spectre, however. If you want green armor and shotgun, head to the right. There will be a room to the left having green armor. Keep going down the tunnel, and you will see an opening to the right where the shotgun is. Go to the door eastward in any case. In the room ascend on the stairs and walk on the catwalk outside. Get the key and prepare for a fight behind two lowering walls.
Travel back to the red door to open it. Preparing to a chaingunners attack, go to the other end of the room. Fight everyone and enter the monster alcove to the left of the door. Push the button to reveal a sub-room. Go there and head to the right. Use the teleporter to get to a room where you should jump down to the yellow keycard.
Now, travel to the north side of the hub corridor and open the yellow door. Walk upstairs and go to the northernmost room. Push the switch to build the stairs around the pillar with the blue key. Walk up these stairs and get the keycard.
Return to the hub corridor and visit the southern room. Open the small door and flip a switch inside. Fight the enemies and go to the south long corridor that is open now. At the end is a tall room and the exit door. Open it, fight a Hell knight and finish.
Other points of interest
- When you enter the water for the first time, head west, then north, then use the middle of the wall to the east to find a hidden corridor with a backpack. (sector 130)
- Grab the red key to lower the side walls, then go around either side to lower walls leading back to the room with the super shotgun. Get on the south ledge in that room from the steps to hear a lift lower. Run to the southwest corner to drop down, then head north to find a chainsaw. (sector 167)
- Open the red door and go into the room until the doors around you open. Enter the southwest compartment and flip the switch to lower the wall to the southeast. In the next room, flip the switch at the southeast corner, then head north to the lowering wall. Enter the teleporter to find partial invisibility. (sector 104)
- Open the red door and go into the room until the doors around you open. Enter the southwest compartment and flip the switch there, then go to the northeast compartment and flip the switch there to open the door back out. Head to the south end of the waterway to find a new area where monsters come out. A chaingunner (not on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower) is in the left enclave, just west of two barrels. Approaching this enclave causes a lift to lower. Leave the enclave and head east, then south and west to the box of ammo, then ride the lift here up. You can then go south to get a berserk pack. (sector 171)
- Open the yellow door to reach the blue key room. As you enter, quickly run to the north end of the room and go onto the ledge at the east end, which has lowered. When it rises, jump to the high ledge to the north and go to the west side to get a green armor. (sector 96)
- Open the yellow door to reach the blue key room. Go on the west side of the steps leading to the key. You will find a switch here. Flip it, then go to the north end of the room. The left ledge here has lowered, and you can head outside into the courtyard where you can get a computer area map. (sector 108)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing north-west. (thing 225)
- facing north. (thing 226)
- facing west. (thing 227)
- facing south. (thing 228)
- facing north. (thing 229)
- facing north. (thing 230)
- facing north-east. (thing 231)
- facing south. (thing 232)
** In erkaknee.wad the Things count is 292.
* In erkaknee.wad the count of radiation shielding suits is 17.