MAP04: Water Base (Kama Sutra)
|Kama Sutra maps 01-11|
MAP04: Water Base is the fourth level of Kama Sutra. It was designed by Adolf Vojta and uses the music track "Taking Names" from Duke Nukem 3D by Robert Prince. It is way larger than the previous maps.
- 1 Inspiration and development
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Speedrunning
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Inspiration and development
Gusta's comments from the text file:
- The very first map I made for doom2. You could see it looks older than most of the other ones, but I like it how it is so I decided not to remake it up to date. Just let it stay...I still think it's a good map. This map was inspirated [sic] by Chrozoron's map03 in HR2.
Kill the imps at the start and walk down the only passage way there is. Outside, kill all the enemies in the area and enter a brown building across from the passage way. You'll soon come across a cobblestone wall that you can open. Kill all the imps in the new room and proceed outside. There will be several enemies on your way to the blue key, which you can find inside of a boat. When you enter the boat, a trap will issue behind you. Inside the trap is a teleport that will take you back to the start, which is where you want to go. However, several enemies have appeared while you were proceeding further through the map, and if you take the teleport you'll be surrounded; therefore, it's safer to simply walk back to the start and kill them. In any case, when you're back into the starting room, open the blue door and take the red key beyond it (again, be careful of a trap). With the red key, you can open a door in the brown area and a couple of more doors beyond it. You'll eventually come to an area with a switch. When you approach it, several imps will appear in front and behind you, so do your best to clean them out. Flipping the switch will lower the bars to the yellow key in the western area of the map. Go back to the cobblestone area, kill the imps again (an Arch-vile has resurrected some of them) and grab the yellow key at the end of the bridge (again, a trap will issue). Go back to the start, take the teleport there, open the red and the yellow bars and exit the level.
Other points of interest
- Jump from the red key ledge, on your left. You can't go here from the super shotgun stairs. Follow the catwalk, open the door and get a soulsphere and a mega armor.
- Grabbing the SSG mentioned above will activate a crushing ceiling in front of you; there is not an exact purpose to this "trap", as you can die through it only using the cheats: use the "idclip" cheat to enter a red building in the eastern side of the map, then deactivate it, walk towards the windows and you'll be teleported under the crushing ceiling.
- There is another soulsphere inside of a cavern near the boat with the blue key.
- You can actually drop into the water and make one full revolution around the entire map.
- The player 1 start is a tagged as secret. (sector 1)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:03.83||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2018-06-03||ks04p383.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|NM speed||0:02.74||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2021-11-12||ks04n274.zip|
|UV -fast||3:18.89||Jochen Schneidau (Angus)||2005-09-02||ks04f318.zip|
|UV Tyson||7:31.03||Jochen Schneidau (Angus)||2005-09-03||ks04t731.zip|
|UV pacifist||0:03.83||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2018-06-03||ks04p383.zip|
|NoMo||0:12.91||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2013-10-06||ks_nomo.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 1)
- facing north. (thing 2)
- facing north. (thing 3)
- facing north. (thing 4)