MAP04: Wormhole (TNT: Evilution)
|TNT: Evilution maps 01-11|
MAP04: Wormhole is the fourth map of TNT: Evilution. It was designed by Ty Halderman and uses the music track "Death's Bells" by L.A. Sieben shared with MAP13: Nukage Processing and MAP29: River Styx. It is made with two similar areas; the latter is a bit tougher and darker. The mirrored area of the map somehow resembles a parallel dimension, darker world, or future where the atmosphere is more dark and depressing.
There are 2 areas: the basic area and the mirrored area. It is not mandatory to play the mirrored area before exiting. At the start of the basic area, go left and climb the left-side stairwells to the top and open the door. Cross the corridor and lift (which contains a revenant) and pass the door. Go down the stairs until halfway where the exit will be located to the left.
- Straight in front of you at the start of the level is a raised platform with a rocket launcher on it. You can lower it like a lift to get the weapon. (sector 64)
- After passing the first main area, you arrive in a narrow brown stairway. There are two candles off to the right side. Open the wall behind the candle closest to the door you came in from. Ride the lifts behind it up to a rather extensive secret area. (sector 129)
- At the very top of secret 2, there are three computer banks. Each one can lower like a lift, revealing hidden goodies. The longest of them counts as a secret. (sector 122)
- Just west of secret 3 is a brown alcove. Step into it to be taken down to a path leading back to the narrow brown stairway from earlier. (sector 133)
- Further down the steps, the path splits into three - take the middle one. About halfway through, the floor will lower and you'll be able to go left or right into two new rooms. Go right, and step through the glowing red/blue bars. You'll be teleported to a near mirror-image of the first half of the level. (sector 165)
- Once you've entered the second, mirrored half of the level, proceed up the stairs and the south end of the triangle-shaped triple hallways. Although the candles from the previous half of the level (from secret 2) are missing, the secret doors remain. Open the east wall at the top of the stairs to open it. (sector 168)
- Taking the hidden door a bit further down the stairs (mirroring secret 4) also counts as a secret. (sector 164)
- At the top of secret 6/7, there is a very steep stairway leading down into a cave that was not present in the previous half of the level. Follow the tunnel to the end, where you'll see a red torch. Open the slightly different-textured wall to reveal a hidden path leading back to the triangle hall. You can also reach this path by pushing the northeast corner of the triangle hall. (sector 335)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
Current Compet-n records
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:12||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2001-10-09||ev04-012.zip|
|NM speed||00:14||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2005-08-02||tn04-014.zip|
|UV max||06:07||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2005-02-06||ev04-607.zip|
|NM100S||02:29||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2005-08-02||es04-229.zip|
|UV -fast||07:45||Tomas Kollar (DeDo)||2003-08-07||ef04-745.zip|
|UV -respawn||06:55||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2002-05-23||er04-655.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:45||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2009-05-20||ep04-045.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 5, 2020.
Current DSDA records
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||4:57.20||Maëllig Desmottes (Ch0wW)||2023-01-03||ev04-457.zip|
|UV -fast||7:45.46||Tomas Kollar (DeDo)||2003-08-07||ef04-745.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 24, 2023.
This level contains ten spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 309)
- facing east. (thing 310)
- facing east. (thing 311)
- facing west. (thing 312)
- facing east. (thing 313)
- facing west. (thing 314)
- facing east. (thing 315)
- facing west. (thing 316)
- facing east. (thing 317)
- facing west. (thing 318)
- The name of this level likely refers to a hypothetical concept of travelling through spacetime (or, in the case of this map, player travels to the parallel dimension or future), by means of a "tunnel" between two points in the space-time continuum.