MAP04 (Brotherhood of Ruin)
|The Brotherhood of Ruin maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Move through the courtyard into the foyer of the temple. You will have to carefully run across pillars over lava; be careful as there is no escaping if you fall in. Press the switch here to open the door on the south end of the foyer. Grabbing the soul sphere on the wall in this area will lower a small closet with revenants. Go back and head south into the next small courtyard and take the small passage to the southeast with candles. Past the passage, you need to go through lava to the next area, and then head around to the room with the caged torch to a switch. This opens up the closed door back in the small courtyard, so go back there. This next courtyard is very large with a number of places to go. For now, go up the steps to the building nearest to you and hit the switch. This raises bars barring access to the south central building. Head there (if you circle around the building you will find a small niche with health bonus pickups, ammo, a Hell knight, and a plasma gun) and go through the building till you find another switch. After flipping it, go all the way to the east in the courtyard, and then north up to a door which is now open. Go north in the next room, and keep going north till you find the next switch, which will open up a passage further back. Go back south to the room which you entered from the courtyard, and the passage will be to your right. Follow this passage and you will find the red skull key. Now go back to the courtyard and head southeast, being wary as a cyberdemon is now in the area. If you approach the red door an arch-vile will pop up in front of you. Go in and when you reach a small four-way intersection go right and you will find a switch and a lift. Take the lift down and go to the river. Go around the outer ledge and grab the yellow skull key. Now you need to head back to the foyer of the first temple, as the yellow key door is to the north (barely marked by the insignias on the wall). Behind the yellow door is a cloister of sorts, head west and take the lift up and go down the hallway all the way to the exit.
Other points of interest
- In the first courtyard you come across, go left of the staircase and in between the two boxes of rockets, press the wall and you will access a rocket launcher and a megaarmor. (sector 374)
- (sector 208) This secret sector can only be legitimately accessed in a deathmatch game as there is a deathmatch start there. This secret holds a megasphere, a cell charge pack, and a BFG9000, but they only appear during a deathmatch game. They do not appear in a single player or a co-op game and the secret sector itself is not accessible except by using the no clipping cheat.
- When you press the switch in the northeastern portion of the map and head back south, you will notice two alcoves containing Hell knights have opened up. Go to the eastern alcove, and press on the back wall to reveal a BFG9000. (sector 364)
- In the room with the red key, there is a niche with a chaingunner and a different textured wall which is a lift. Take this lift up and hit the switch there to open up a small passage to the south with a shotgun guy and a megasphere. (sector 413) This sector also contains an elevator on the south wall that leads back to the area with the pillars above the lava.
- On your way to the exit, in the northern hallway there are several Mayan frescos. The rightmost one on the northern wall is bloodied in appearance. Press it, then run east and south to a secret with a cell charge pack and a medikit. (sector 628) Get there quickly before it rises.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 20, 2018.