This level occupies the map slot MAP04. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP04.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP04 is the fourth map of Equinox. It was designed by B.P.R.D and uses a MIDI rendition of "Mars, the Bringer of War".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- This secret along with Secret #2 are connected. In the room to the southwest with five switches, press on the rightmost switch (the closest one to the east), then leave this area back to the big hallways. Just before the bend leading north, go up to get a megasphere and a rocket launcher. Note that if you press the second switch from the right, a bar raises up preventing you from reaching either item (and subsequently, the sector of Secret #2, although this Secret can still be triggered). (sector 279)
- See Secret #1. (sector 240)
- After the room with the cyberdemon, fall down the hole and keep going east until you reach a hall with two red pipes on the south wall. Open the wall in between these pipes to get a computer area map. (sector 260)
- In the room with the mancubi, take the steps up to the small room with the switch. The wall you see past the window will open, revealing a Hell knight and a megaarmor. By entering this small compartment, you also open up a niche inside the small room containing a teleporter. Taking this teleporter leads you behind the cages in the northeast part of the map, with numerous health and armor bonuses as well as a box of ammo. (sector 338)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||4:45.20||Paul Hiebert (Creaphis)||2010-07-29||eq04-445.zip|
|UV max||10:19.94||Brian Nesser (Anima Zero)||2010-08-01||eq04-1019.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 13, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 527)
- facing north-west. (thing 528)
- facing south-east. (thing 529)
- facing north. (thing 530)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: