MAP05: Camara Obscura (Erkattanne)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
There are three keys on the map. The order in which the red and yellow keycards are found is not important.
The key is on one of the three platforms at the north of the map. Unless you have shotgun, go to a room to the left where a shotgun lies. In any case, go to the staircase in front of you (east). In the room, descend on the lift. If you want super shotgun go to the right and all the way eastward to find the weapon on a dais. After, return to the lift and go to the north. Take the staircase to get to a room. Press the button in the room, so you can now jump on the first of the platforms. Return to the staircase and keep going eastward. Move up with the lift and go northward to a door. In the room, the wall leading outside to the platforms is open. Go there and jump over the first platform, then second and finally, the last one to get the red keycard.
When you found the red key, drop off the platform and take one or two nearest radsuits. Then, head north-eastward. Take rocket launcher in the first room and go to the second room. Before going up the staircase, enter the pillar to find an armor. Go to the third room via the staircase and notice the other stairs (west). Walk there up. Take the right and you will come to a room with the yellow key pillar. Jump on it to take the keycard and fight the spawning enemies.
With the red and yellow key, head all the way to the starting point (south west). In the room where you found the shotgun (or still did not), there will be key bars. Open them all and proceed on linear path to the lift. In the room, first kill all the chaingunners and go up the stairs into the cage. There is the blue keycard at the end. When you take it, the central platform containing a hard ambush will lower. So deal with it and return to the lift via pressing the switch.
Get back to the staircase, like as you did when finding yellow key but this time, take left rather than right. You will find the blue door (east). Open it to find a switch inside. This switch will open the area with the teleporter. Go there but mind the revenant. If you want you may visit an optional room with armor, bulk cell and imps. In any case, use the teleporter, and you will in a narrow room with one or two revenants. Deal with them and flip the switch to reveal another teleporter. Enter it. Now, walk the stairs toward the exit door. You will find the finish behind.
Other points of interest
- At the start, enter the pool to the left, then the one to the north of that pool. A rocket is at the east wall. Use the wall just to the south of where the rocket is to find a passage leading to a light amplification visor. (sector 45)
- Head east from the previous pool then north towards the lava pool. Get on the edge that connects the water and lava pools and look left. A section of the wall juts out here. Get from the edge onto this piece of wall, then go through the west wall for a passage leading to a soul sphere. (sector 101)
- Enter the lava pool and just south of the red key platform, use the wall with the electricity symbol to find a computer area map. (sector 176)
- At the east side of the map with the steps, head west from the steps to a bridge over lava. To get this secret, face southwest and jump in that direction towards an opening that has a berserk pack. (sector 120)
- Head south from the aforementioned steps and take the steps to the west up. Go to the southeast ledge with the box of ammo and chaingunner, then position yourself so you can see the button behind the ceiling to the southeast. Shoot the button then fall below and head north through the tunnel. Behind the box of shotgun shells here, you will find an invulnerability. (sector 172)
- Head south from the steps in Secret #5 and take the steps to the west up. Head to the west ledge, which overlooks the yellow key platform, then go all the way to the north end of this ledge and look northeast. You can see a button in the distance. Shoot it to make a door open, which is just south of the ledge you are on. Inside this room is a backpack. (sector 112, in erkaknee.wad sector 127)
- Once you open the way to the platforms leading to the red key, head onto the first platform outside, which causes a lift to lower. Before jumping to the next one, head southeast into the room and into the hole before it rises. You can get a chainsaw on the ledge here. (sector 4)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 172)
- facing north. (thing 173)
- facing north. (thing 174)
- facing west. (thing 175)
- facing south. (thing 176)
- facing east. (thing 177)
- facing north. (thing 178)
- facing south. (thing 193)
** In erkaknee.wad the Things count is 236.
* In erkaknee.wad the count of radiation shielding suits is 24.