MAP05: Crash Site (Mars War)
|Mars War maps 01-11|
MAP05: Crash Site (named Crash Sight on the intermission screen) is the fifth map of Mars War by Nathan Lineback. It uses a MIDI conversion of "intromusic3" by Bjørn Lynne (Dr. Awesome), the tracker module playing in the intro to the Amiga swapper tool Swappit v3.0, which was developed by the demoscene group Crusaders.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Head to the north of the level, and open the western door. Activate the switch inside and head through the eastern doorway. Take the elevator up, take the red key, and head back to the north of the level. Open the northern door, head inside, and open the red door at the east. Climb up the stairs and activate the exit switch.
Other points of interest
- To the south of where the red key is found is a broken door. Move carefully up to the west side of the door, taking care not to fall into the pit in front of it, until you can open it. Do so, and head through the doorway to access three medikits, megaarmor, a rocket, and a backpack. (sector 73)
- In the nukage room, there is a small platform in the northeast with some exploding barrels and a chaingun. (sector 67)
- At the northwest of the level is a staircase. Climb the staircase, jump the gap, and climb the rest of the stairs up. Take the next right turn, and head forward. Look to the north and you will see a pentagram on the wall. Shoot it to reveal a switch, and activate the switch to open access to a plasma gun. (sector 93) Be sure you have over 60% health before lunging for it, however, or you will be killed by the crushing ceiling above it.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:19.46||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2020-08-29||mw05p019.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV pacifist||0:19.46||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2020-08-29||mw05p019.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 3, 2022.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing east. (thing 5)
- facing north-west. (thing 6)
- facing north. (thing 7)
- facing south-east. (thing 79)
- facing east. (thing 218)