MAP05: Garden of Calm (Project Einherjar)
|Project Einherjar maps|
|Deep Into White Hell|
|The Iron Invasion|
|The Scourge of Mordin|
|Return to Jotunheim|
MAP05: Garden of Calm is the fifth map of Project Einherjar. It was designed by Mike MacDee (Impie) and uses the music track "".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Juno can enter the garden directly through the main gate, or head right and access it from the observation platforms. The former path is the quickest route to the sealed power plant entrance, where an Amazon Commando guards the yellow key. The latter path takes her directly to the locked red exit door, and the office with the blue key; following the path up the elevator, it eventually leads to the switch that opens the blue door.
The blue door opens to a Juggernaut stampede and a network of electrified tunnels leading to the reactor core. Using the yellow key on the core switch shuts off the reactor and opens both the reactor room doors and the door to the testing lab in the red door hall. It also triggers a massive Juggernaut ambush by opening all stasis tubes seen throughout the garden. Go to the testing lab and kill the Einherjar for the red key.
When Juno enters the testing lab, the door seals behind her, and the machine at the center of the room dramatically opens to unleash the first Einherjar of the game. The power nodes provide cover from its machine guns and rockets and should make it easy enough to circle-strafe around the beast until it dies. If Juno got the Dessler frag cannon on MAP02: Human Processing (or the hidden sewer beneath the canal), she can kill the Einherjar with a handful of rockets.
Other points of interest
- From the starting point, inspect the left pillar in the hallway (the one that isn't exposing it circuitry) for a hidden cache of spring mines. (sector 161)
- From the starting point, head right, through the door to the observation areas. Stepping through that door lowers one of the computer mainframes in the starting area. On top of it is a ballistic knife (sector 8); Juno can ride the mainframe back up to reach a cache of armor bonuses.
- The garden's semicircular canal ends at a grate that conceals an elevator. You can activate it with the same switch that triggers the nearby elevator connecting the observation area with the catwalk above the canal. Beneath the hidden lift is a sewer tunnel (sector 87) with a medical backpack and a Dessler frag cannon. (sector 85)
- See secret #3.
- At the end of the electrified maze is an orange room filled with storage lockers, just outside the reactor core room. The largest locker opens to reveal several spring mines. (sector 148)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: