MAP05: Minos' Judgement (Master Levels)
Minos' Judgement is a map that is part of the Master Levels for Doom II. It was designed by John Anderson (Dr. Sleep), and is contained in the file MINOS.WAD. In PlayStation Final Doom port it is the eighth level of first episode and uses the music track "Demon Drone".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Have the shotgun if you need it and enter the southeastern door on the bottom level. In the corridor, you can see the first blue door to your right (at the south). Go left and open the eastern door. In the hall, walk up the stairs before you. The second blue door there is optional. However, you can ease your task by killing the chaingunners behind this door. Press the switch to your right and open the door indicated by a caution sign. Make a jump over the nukage pool to the blue key.
Either jump back or use the stairs at the north to proceed. The red key is located behind the first blue door (at the west). Return to the door and enter it. Once you have gone up the stairs, you can notice two alcoves in the northern part. Jump over into the eastern alcove, and the walls around the lamp will open revealing monsters. Enter inside and pick up the red key.
Drop down and go out of this room via the northern door. Go along the corridor until you reach the eastern door that you opened earlier. In the hall, go left and open the eastern door (that requires the red key). In the outside area, enter the middle structure by walking up its stairs. Grab the yellow key.
The exit teleporter is in the extreme south of the level. Make your way to the room where the red key was found. The door at the south will lead you to a lift, but you cannot enter the south area there. Thus, go down the staircase at the east and enter an area of four pillars. There is also a very similar room at the west that you can use. Go to the southern end and open the yellow bars. If you enter the circular area from the east side, a platform will go down letting you press a switch that reveals a small room with the exit teleporter.
Other points of interest
You can find a radiation suit in the nukage area where you get the blue key. When you press the green button on the western wall, the switch wall on the opposite side will lower as a lift. Run there before the suit travels back up. If you press the button on the eastern wall, the opposite switch wall will lower similarly, and you can have a megasphere on it.
- In the very beginning of the map, walk up a staircase, then enter the door at either alcove. Come down and open a bar by pressing use on it. As you try to come to the south of the room to get some ammo and the super shotgun, the lights will turn off, and an alcove containing a crowd of imps and spectres will open. When you kill them, enter this alcove (sector 316) to get a security armor, a backpack and a berserk pack.
- Next to the first blue door, press the switch at the west to enter an alcove with two teleporters. Enter either of them. Lower the platform with a soul sphere and an imp on it. Wait until it rises and jump over towards the alcove at the south. Open the wall in it to get a BFG9000 that is exclusive to the Ultra-violence and Nightmare! skill levels. On the other levels, the room is empty. (sector 460) Beware the crusher when you return to the teleporters.
- When you have picked up the blue key in the nukage area, you can take a shortcut to the red key. Go to the western passage of the area. There are slimy walls at the south and the west. Open the western wall (sector 248), and you will find a room where you are able to continue to the first blue door. Alternatively, you can access the area from the blue door. In the room, you can get shotgun shells and a stimpack. Open the two alcoves at the north where there are shells and a medikit.
- Open the southern slimy wall (sector 228), and you can enter a room with four pillars. The third blue door there leads to the red key room as well.
- In the hall where the red door is located, lower the lift in the west. When you have risen, go along the corridor to the north. At the very end of the corridor, open the door near the two skull kebabs. Press the skull switch to temporarily open a secret wall between the kebabs. When you enter that alcove (sector 343), kill the imp and the chaingunner that would disturb you while being in the area of the yellow key.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the original map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|NM speed||02:11||Serge Marudov (Never Again)||2010-06-20||minosnm_na.zip|
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 136)
- facing south. (thing 275)
- facing south. (thing 277)
- facing north. (thing 279)
- facing north-west. (thing 280)
- facing north. (thing 368)
Differences between PC and PlayStation versions
- The windows in the starting area and in the middle north corridor that were designed for peering at the star sky were removed.
- At the nukage area, there are no alcoves containing a radiation suit and a megasphere.
Inspiration and development
In the Sony PlayStation port of "Final Doom", the stage is simply referred to as "Minos."