MAP05: Phrenetic Chainsaw Slaughter of a Crippled Infant (32in24-5)
|32in24-5 maps 01-11|
MAP05: Phrenetic Chainsaw Slaughter of a Crippled Infant [sic] is the fifth map of 32in24-5, a deathmatch megawad. It was designed by Tango, detailed by Mike Brincka (brinks), and uses the music track "Jungle Battle," originally composed by Kazuki Muraoka for Contra and sequenced to MIDI by Gecko Yamori.
It was the thirty-fifth and final map to be submitted to the project, with Tango posting it in the project's chainsaws.three minutes after the 24-hour mark had passed. Despite the cheerful title of the map, it does not actually contain any
This map features quite a compact layout, with multiple areas despite a small overall map size. The map features a techbase covering the southern, eastern and northern sides, with a small exit in the south-west of the building to a small cave that covers the west side, and an outdoor segment in the centre. A small extension to the building can be accessed from some stairs in the south-west of the outdoor area and running across the gap to a platform holding a green armor. In the south-east corner of this balcony is a small pit with a teleporter that leads to a ledge in the building along the south edge of the map, where the exit switch is located. Another teleporter on the opposite (eastern) side of this ledge connects to the other end of the building, in the north of the map. Although both teleporters are two-way, there is nothing in the pit that the western teleporter connects to, so using it this way is somewhat redundant.
In the north part of the building, close to the teleporter, is a rocket launcher, with two rocket boxes. Another rocket launcher and two boxes can be found in the south-west corner of the map. The southern connection from the building to the central area contains a chaingun and two boxes of bullets. A shotgun can also be found in the cave to the west of the map.
This level contains seventeen spawn points, all of which are placed on top of a super shotgun.
- On a small platform with five armor bonuses in the north-west corner of the central outdoor area, facing south-east. (thing 5)
- Along the north wall of the central outdoor area, facing south. (thing 6)
- In the south-west corner of the central outdoor area, facing north-east. (thing 7)
- Along the north wall of the western cave, facing south. (thing 8)
- In the south-west corner of the western cave, next to the entrance to the building, facing north-east. (thing 9)
- In the south-west corner of the map, facing north-east. Close to the rocket launcher, but is facing away from it, and spawn #7 is significantly closer. (thing 10)
- In the south-west corner of the map, facing east. Closer to the rocket laucher than spawn #6, and isn't facing away from it. (thing 11)
- On the ledge with the exit switch in the south of the map, facing north. The teleporter to the right allows immediate access to the north of the map. (thing 12)
- On the ground just in front of the ledge where spawn #8 is located, facing north-west. (thing 13)
- In the building, just to the east of the south-west corner, facing south-west. (thing 14)
- On a platform in the south-east corner of the map, facing north-west. (thing 15)
- On the armor platform in the central area, facing north. Needless to say it is the closest spawn to the armor, but is also one of the closest to the chaingun, along with spawn #13. (thing 16)
- In the central outdoor area, just east of the southern entrance to the building, facing north. Closest spawn along with spawn #12 to the chaingun. (thing 17)
- In the central outdoor area, to the west of the southern entrance to the building, facing north. It is not symmetrically placed against spawn #13 though, and is further from the chaingun as a result. (thing 18)
- In a small alcove in the north part of the building, facing south. Right next to the rocket launcher. (thing 19)
- In the north-east corner of the map, facing south-west. (thing 20)
- In the eastern part of the building, just to the north of spawn #11, facing north-east. (thing 21)
Areas / screenshots
|Box of bullets||2|
|4 shotgun shells||2|
|Box of rockets||4|
|Health & Armor||1-2||3||4-5|