MAP05: Pumping Station 083A (Whispers of Satan)
|Whispers of Satan maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Head straight across to find a junction where you can go left or right. Go left, but do not go through the door here, head down the stairs instead. Follow this path until you find a door and a path branching to the right. Head through the door into the big cargo room. From here, move to your right to the next door you see, and enter it to find a chaingunner guarding a switch. This switch opens the cargo bay door on the eastern side leading outside. Head outside, killing enemies across the water here. Go north up the stairs, and then west. Just underneath the tower to the right is a switch for a lift to reach it. Head into the tower and press the switch here to lower the blue keycard. Get out of the tower via the switch close to the lift and grab the blue key, then head back inside the cargo room. Watch out for new monsters along the way, then head up the stairs to the southern part of the cargo room. Stay on the brown-floored section, and maneuver through the crates until you find a door with blue borders around it. This is the blue door, open it to reach another room. Head for the lift towards the east, where the chaingunner was, and press the switch to go down. Press the switch at the end of the hall and ride the lift back up. The other door in this room should be open with some Hell knights behind it. Go through this hall and then pick up the red keycard. Remember that door at the start that you ignored? Head through that door now. In the next room there are two switches, hit the switch with red bars around it to open the door on the opposite end of the room which you saw when you first came in. Go through the next hall looking out for chaingunners as you reach the exit.
Other points of interest
In the room with the red switch, press the switch opposite of it, (it has a revenant in front of it, on Hurt Me Plenty or higher). The door to the east will open up when you flip it. Head all the way down the stairs into a small room with barrels, revenants, a backpack, and a super shotgun.
- In the big cargo room, on the left hand wall close to the door, press on the wall where a section seems to have been removed (it has yellow and black striped tape on it as well). It will reveal a switch, flip it and quickly run through the nearby door into the hallway, taking the right at the hallway then left through the new passage before it rises. If you do this, you will find a hall with health bonuses and a room with a plasma gun, some ammo, and a stimpack. (sector 243)
- In the room with the red switch, press the switch opposite of it, (it has a revenant in front of it, on Hurt Me Plenty or higher). The door to the east will open up when you flip it. Head down the stairs, but when you reach the corner of the staircase, turn around to find a chaingunner and a berserk pack up the stairs. (sector 328) You can only attempt to get this secret once, if you miss it, there is no way of reaching this secret without resorting to the noclip cheat.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north-east. (thing 295)
- facing north. (thing 296)
- facing south-west. (thing 301)
- facing north. (thing 306)
- facing north. (thing 311)
- facing south. (thing 338)