MAP05: Sector 8 (Stardate 20X6)
|Stardate 20X6 maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP05. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP05.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP05: Sector 8 is the fifth map of Stardate 20X6. It was designed by Zachary Stephens (Ribbiks) and uses the music track "Kraken theme," originally from EarthBound.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the southern part of the map with the damaging blood, a skull switch is in the far back of the room. After pressing it, leave this area and go north to find an invulnerability. (sector 103)
- In the southeasternmost part of the map, open up the southwesternmost compartment and head inside. Look to the southeast for a shootable purple button which reveals a soul sphere. (sector 718)
- In the northeasternmost area with the spider mastermind, press both switches guarded by Hell knights and barons of Hell to unlock the teleporter to the north. Next to the teleporter, press on the wall to the right to reveal another teleporter, leading to the center of the arena, possibly telefragging the spider mastermind if it has not been killed yet. (sector 951)
- The ledge to the south of the rocket launcher has two purple pillars on it. Head to this ledge and drop below the pillars. There is a tucked-away switch at the southwest end. After using it, go to the northwest of where the rocket launcher was located to see a wall lowering. This leads to some steps leading up to the western side, to an area that counts as three secrets. Flipping the switch here lowers the side walls leading to the ledges which had the mancubi, and you can find an energy cell, rockets, and medikits up here. (sector 1193)
- See Secret #4. However, it is impossible to trigger this secret without cheats as the sector itself is in a depression too thin for the player to stand on. (sector 1233)
- See Secret #4. (sector 1234)
Since Secret #5 is unreachable normally, only 83% secrets is possible in this map.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||1:45.69||Kyle McAwesome||2022-09-25||st05p145.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV pacifist||1:45.69||Kyle McAwesome||2022-09-25||st05p145.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 27, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: