MAP05: The Starlit Core In Meltdown (Fractured Worlds)
|Fractured Worlds maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP05. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP05.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP05: The Starlit Core In Meltdown is the fifth map of Fractured Worlds. It was designed by Nirvana and uses the music track "Dread" by Xaser.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Get the super shotgun to the north of the entrance, then head south to a compartment which has Hell knights or revenants depending on your skill level. Push the button on the north side of this compartment and head southwest to another compartment with a box of ammo and a medikit. (sector 5690)
- Head south from the area with platforms and head east to a room with a fountain. Flip a switch in the southwest end of this room to raise the fountain to get a berserk pack. (sector 2805)
- Open the cyan doors, then in the area you are currently in, head to the east side and north into an alcove with two boxes of rockets. (sector 6822)
- In the south area with small platforms, make your way to the soul sphere at the south end to open a closet in the southeast corner to find a revenant. Use the back wall to get an energy cell pack. (sector 6411)
- Just before the teleporter to the final arena, look northwest and jump into the alcove to find the purple key. (sector 5768)
- Return to the long, central area after you get the purple key and fall into the damaging liquid. Head north and open the wall leading to the middle to find a teleporter to find a box of shotgun shells, an armor bonus, and health bonuses. (sector 5629)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 26, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: