MAP05: Vaalbara Reborn (MAYhem 2016)
|MAYhem 2016 maps 01-11|
This level occupies the map slot MAP05. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP05.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Flip the blue key switch to raise a walkway leading south to the red key. On the next big platform, look to the west towards the area with the chaingunner and the soul sphere, and you can spot a switch. Shoot the switch, then drop off the platform to the west and go west across the bridge to the other side of the water. A new area is open to the south, with a teleporter leading to the back area where the soul sphere is. A mancubus and a box of shotgun shells is here as well. (sector 238)
- Return to the starting point after getting the red key and use it on the switch here to get a super shotgun. (sector 384)
- When you reach the exit switch, inspect the banner to the north of the switch to find a hidden switch. This will lower the plasma gun in the northwest part of the main area. (sector 402)
- Head east from the switch where the red bars are, until you find a terminal with red writing on it. Use this terminal, which will lower a wall to the southwest, near the entrance to this area. A rocket launcher is stashed away here. (sector 954)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||1:29.83||Argentum||2021-03-31||m16-05-129-pac.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.