MAP06: Collider Complex (Plutonia 2)
|Plutonia 2 maps 01-11|
MAP06: Collider Complex is the sixth map of Plutonia 2. It was designed by Sam Woodman and Vincent Catalaá, and uses the music track "Sign of Evil" by Robert Prince. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 2:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
You will start out in a hub, with several weapons and monsters in the corners, and four doors to choose. Your only choice at the moment is the western door. Grab the super shotgun and get rid of the monsters in this area. The red skull key is in this room, just behind one of the walls (it is close to a corner where there are shotgun shells and chaingunners. Return to the hub and take the red door to the north. Enter and kill the chaingunners to the sides. You can go straight down the stairs, but first take either side door. Both doors lead to symmetrical paths that meet up in a room overlooking a caged area where the blue skull key lies. Grab the plasma gun here and dispatch of any monsters that attack you, then flip the switch and the switch behind it to make the blue key lower. Kill the pain elementals that show up, then go back to the first room and then down the stairs this time. Flip the switch at the bottom then through the bars, going around to get the blue key.
Upon getting the key, head back to the hub, watching out for chaingunners and later revenants. Go through the blue door on the right, killing imps on the terrace and mancubi down the stairs. Keep going east to a room with a lot of supplies, and then up the steps to the light pillar. Run around the pillar and it will lower, but you will fight off a large amount of monsters. When the pillar lowers, collect the yellow skull key and leave the area, returning to the hub to find a cyberdemon. Kill him and take the yellow door to the south, killing the demons and Hell knights you come across. Heading straight south past the nukage fall with the BFG9000 on it, you will find the exit is blocked off. Also, several compartments open up behind you with revenants and mancubi. To the sides of the bars blocking the exit are two teleporters, each leading to one of the revenant compartments, with a switch in both of them. Hit both switches, looking out for teleporting monsters after each one, and the exit should be accessible.
Other points of interest
In the room with the red skull key, you can get a rocket launcher by going north across the nukage to the outer walkway and following it to a switch. After flipping it, go back down the walkway and across the nukage again to the newly-opened door to find it along with a couple of revenants.
South of the red key room you can open the door to a cargo area with shotgun guys, demons, and a few supplies. If you go west, outside, there will be imps on a ledge, and an arch-vile will teleport in. Following the nukage river down you will find some boxes of ammo and a berserk pack.
In the backwards E-shaped hallway past the blue door with mancubi on it, there are two side paths you can explore. Both have arachnotrons and a teleporter in them. The teleporters take you to the other room on the opposite side. Entering either of these rooms triggers a wall to lower with revenants and a baron of Hell.
- After you collect the blue key, compartments in the nukage corridor will open and reveal chaingunners. In the southwest one, the vines on the southern wall are misaligned. Use this wall to reveal a secret niche containing a blue armor. (sector 297)
- After entering the blue door, take any of the two corridors and descent the stairs. As you leave the last step, you can hear a lift behind you. Run back to the blue door, and enter the passage across from it to find a stash with a bulk cell, a box of rockets, two medikits, a soul sphere and a blue armor. (sector 374)
- After entering the blue door, take the left (northern) corridor, descent the stairs, make a hairpin turn to the left, and enter the room with the teleporter and the monster hideout. Push the demon-faced wall to reveal a switch. Using it will open a stairway in the southern teleporter room that leads to a secret room, containing twelve health bonuses, 16 armor bonuses, two backpacks, two bulk cells and a teleporter to the map start. (sector 413)
- After passing the yellow door, on the narrow staircase on the right side of the room with the Hell knights, push the wall with the lantern on it to reveal a secret room, containing three rocket boxes, two energy cells, a bulk cell and an invisibility sphere. (sector 332) Push the face on top of the stairs at the northern wall to access to the megasphere you saw in the crate depot early in the level.
- On the opposite narrow staircase, using the wall mirroring the entrance to Secret #4 will reveal a teleporter to the nukage fountain in the center of the main room, and the BFG9000 atop it. (sector 81)
- In Secret #3 (sector 413) the two armor bonuses northwest and southwest (things 795 and 796) of the teleporter (sector 449) cannot be picked up without using the idclip cheat code.
- For the same reason, four armor bonuses in the teleporter rooms (sector 395) west and east of the hallway exiting the BFG9000 room cannot be picked up.
- In the south of the BFG9000 room, there are two alcoves each on the western and eastern side of the exiting hallway, each containing two armor bonuses that are not tagged as multiplayer only. Those alcoves can only be accessed in deathmatch mode, using the idclip cheat or by using a source port that allows jumping.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV pacifist||0:24.86||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2009-03-17||p206p024.zip|
|NoMo||0:19.71||Jean-Charles Dorne (JCD)||2013-07-11||plt2nomo.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
|UV speed TAS||0:12.60||2012-07-23||p206x012.zip|
|First Demo Attempt||27:41||Memfis||2011-02-03||pl2mem06.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 14, 2022.
This level contains twelve spawn points:
- facing south-east. (thing 13)
- facing south-west. (thing 14)
- facing north-west. (thing 15)
- facing north-east. (thing 22)
- facing north. (thing 159)
- facing north. (thing 160)
- facing north. (thing 161)
- facing east. (thing 162)
- facing east. (thing 163)
- facing west. (thing 164)
- facing west. (thing 165)
- facing south. (thing 166)
Inspiration and development
- During development this map was called Complex.