MAP06: Dead Signal (Erkattanne)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
The first key is easy enough to find. Open the door to get to the next area. Take the shotgun on the left if you do not have it yet. Then, ascend the first staircase to the left. If you want a chaingun, visit the room to the right (west). Follow the corridor to finally get the yellow keycard.
Return to the staircase. Near it there is a yellow door. Open it to get to a room. Grab the super shotgun in the middle and fight numerous enemies (beware of chaingunners on the tops). Fall into the pit and head to the left (north east). Move up with the lift, and you will be in a corridor. Keep following the corridor to the right until you can enter an alcove. There, ascend the stairs, so you can take the red keycard.
Return to the room behind the yellow door and fall down to the pit again. This time, open the red bars to the right. Go forth to the safety and into another room. Here you can obtain various optional items and a plasma gun. After all is done in the room, head to another room in the south west (where there is a floating skull rock decoration). Turn to the right and to the left to find a lift. Move up with this to find a switch atop. Drop to the familiar room and fight new enemies here.
A door in the east side can be easily reached now. Open it to discover the blue keycard. Be careful, as three ambushes will open should you approach the key. Fight the enemies and collect the keycard. Since the stairs are lowered, you cannot escape via the door you came from. You need to escape through the new path located in the northern ambush. You will be in the recognized corridor. Go out as you did when finding the red keycard and drop to the room seen in the start. If you want armor, collect the security armor.
When the blue key is found, go to the staircase in the starting room again. Open the blue door and get to the north room where there is a switch. Press the switch to make the exit accessible. Now, go back to the north room with the revenant. Ascend the stairs to a room with fence. Go around, so you can finish now.
Other points of interest
- Grabbing the yellow key triggers a lift. Run back through the hall that led to the yellow key and into the side room with the chaingun. Go through the wall to the south before it rises to find health bonuses and a chainsaw. (sector 75)
- Open the door east of where the red key is located. In this small room with a desk, get to the back of the desk and use the switch here. Leave the room and head northwest to a new area with a berserk pack. (sector 32)
- In the nukage-filled hall where you would find the red key, there is a lift at the south end. Take it up, then press the switch to the west. Quickly drop back down the same lift you used, then head northeast, past two paths, into the northeast passage. This leads to the outside courtyard with the soul sphere and a passage back to the starting point. (sector 117)
- Enter the passage past the red bars and as soon as you touch the blue floor, a lift lowers. To reach it, head south, past the barrels, then west to a gray area, then northeast and through the wall before it rises. This area contains partial invisibility. (sector 119)
- From the aforementioned gray area, head north and west to a lift. At the top, use the switch to lower the middle platform in the room. To get this secret, stay on the platform you are on and face slightly northeast. Shoot the wall there; there is a button in a dark tunnel you can shoot. If you do it correctly a door will open near the lift, which leads to the fence in the first big room containing a computer area map. (sector 47)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 16)
- facing south. (thing 17)
- facing east. (thing 18)
- facing south. (thing 19)
- facing west. (thing 20)
- facing east. (thing 21)
- facing north. (thing 22)
- facing west. (thing 23)