MAP06: Deep Down Below (The Troopers' Playground)
|The Troopers' Playground maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP06. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP06.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Once you open the northwest side of the starting room, return to where you found the first skull switch in the green brick room north of it to find a megasphere. Note that once you get on the raised platform and step on the first diagonal step leading to the switch raising the winding staircase, you will be unable to access this secret. (sector 367)
- At the nukage ravine you must cross to reach the yellow key, jump into the ravine and travel through the sewage tunnel until you encounter a large, metal room. Head through either tunnel at the south, and head east until you find a teleporter. At the east of this area is a set of metal paneling. Open it to find a soul sphere. (sector 448)
- At the back of the alcove that opens when you grab the blue key is a portion of wall covered in some grime. Open it to access an enemy pillbox and find security armor. (sector 209)
- After climbing the west staircase in the southeast computer room, ascend the next staircase you see, and look south to find a misaligned computer panel. Push it to find a medikit and three sets of shells. (sector 304)
- In the computer room behind the silver door northeast of where you find secret #4, you can open the northwest corner of the room to find stairs leading to another hidden door, behind of which you can obtain two medikits. The secret sector itself cannot be reached however, since the sector is too small for the player to stand on. (sector 283)
Since it is not possible to step on Secret #5, only 80% secrets is possible on this map.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are: