MAP06: Digi-Ota (Hacx)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Turn left to collect a tazer then open the window behind it and drop down to a grassy area with a couple of waiting thugs. There are five buildings in this area that you can reach by crossing the tiled bridge on the west side - you must flip a switch in each of the corner buildings in order to get the password, which is inside the center building.
- Enter the north-west building to confront a couple of thugs, then go through the doorway in front of you (watching out for buzzers waiting to ambush you on "Let's rip them apart!" (LRTA) skill level or higher) - the floor will lower and reveal two more doorways. Go through the north doorway to enter a room with three columns, then walk round to the north side of the middle column to find the first switch.
- Enter the south-west building and go down the steps to confront some androids (and buzzers on LRTA or higher), then activate the south lift and ride it up before turning right to see a moving floor. Ride this floor up to a ledge and carefully follow it round until you get to the second switch.
- Enter the south-east building to dispose of some waiting thugs, then go up the steps in the south-west corner to a switch that will lower a lift in the south-east corner. Ride this lift up and flip another switch here to raise some more steps in the opposite corner, then go up those steps to get to a third switch that will lower another lift nearby. From here you can run across to the center platform and flip the third switch needed to get the password. Note that this will also release some thugs (plus androids, phages, a buzzer and a stealth on LRTA or higher) on the west side of the grassy area.
- Enter the north-east building and walk straight forward into a pool of water with the final switch; doing so will lower four columns around you holding two to four androids. The pool is too deep for you to step out of, but if you look south you will see a computer panel that you can shoot to raise the water level.
With all four switches flipped, go inside the center building - a circular ledge inside the building has lowered, allowing you to collect the password in the middle.
KeyCard and exit
Leave the password building and head back across the tiled bridge to a door on the other side, then press the keypad next to this door (requiring the password) to get it open. Step through and destroy a couple of waiting buzzers, then go up either staircase and head north into a seemingly empty room with a hypo and a couple of rounds. There is a corridor that leads west to the KeyCard, but when you are halfway along it the floor will lower and drop you into an ambush by two to six androids. Fight them off then flip the switch in the north-east corner to raise the corridor's floor again; you can then press the wall to lower it like a lift and ride it up to get the KeyCard.
Return to the staircase area and head west into another hallway, which you should follow until you reach a door at the far end. Open the door and ride the lift behind it down to a chamber with some buzzers, then open another door at the far end of the chamber (requiring the KeyCard) to confront two phages. You will be in a town area that is defended by many thugs, phages and androids - fight your way to the north-west corner of town to find one or two monstructs guarding a gray path, then follow this path to a rickshaw to end the level.
Other points of interest
The corridor in the center of the map has three brightly-lit sections. As you walk through the second section you may hear a door open behind you; go back to the first lit section and open the door here, then head straight forward through the door that just opened to find a path leading to a 007Microtel, a kevlar vest and a case of torpedoes.
- At the east side, in the north-west building, enter the south room and use the switch on the west wall. Leave the building and head to the south end of the garden to find a super kevlar vest. (sector 130)
- At the east side, in the south-west building, get on the high ledge and jump to the north-east block. This lowers the north-west block that has an uzi and a valise. (sector 141)
- Open the password door and head up the south steps, but use the west wall that is brown to take a lift up to a photon 'zooka, torpedoes and light amplifier goggles. (sector 153)
- Head through the hall west of secret #3 and take the south door. Inside the room, step on the peg in the south-east corner to open the south-west wall. (sector 243)
- Take the path in secret #4 to the next room and quickly run to the north-west block that lowers to get a torpedo. (sector 210)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 3, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 80)
- facing north. (thing 81)
- facing west. (thing 82)
- facing south. (thing 83)