MAP06: Dreamscape (Speed of Doom)
|Speed of Doom maps 01-11|
This level occupies the map slot MAP06. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP06.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
The green nukage is harmless, but not the brown one.
Other points of interest
- Down the lift, go right in the crate room and investigate the crates to find a small red switch that opens another crate, with an energy cell pack inside. (sector 246)
- Nearby Secret #1, south in the L-shaped blue corridor, perform an arch-vile jump through the southmost window. Hit the switch to lower lift and reveal 34 health bonuses on a lift, which you can use to get out. (sector 172)
- When you grab the trapped blue key, the nearest wall that opens and shows various monsters AND an arachnotron has a wall with a very slightly different texture. Open it and go down and see a pillar with a supercharge; use the pillar to raise the floor to your prize. (sector 35)
- In the same room as Secret #4, facing the exit, the left wall can be pressed (multiple times if needed) to make the floor go down and reveal a megaarmor. There are no clues for this secret. (sector 521)
- To the southeast, just when you raise the big lift and enter the long natural corridor with lone health bonuses and perched revenants on your right, turn back and inspect a dark nook by the entrance. The black wall at the end can be opened to a corridor (sector 700) with a computer area map and a partial invisibility at the end. Collecting these triggers an ambush by chaingunners, and imps in the natural corridor.
- After the blue door with grates floating on the brown slime, go on your left and inspect the center pillar. There's a tiny green switch on the back of it that opens the wall in front of it, revealing a secret cave (sector 673). There's a cage on the other end of a nukage pool with energy cell packs, rockets and a backpack inside, and the switch by the entrance opens it, but the bars are on a very strict timer and the nukage is sticky, so you have to use the ledge nearby to maintain your speed and reach the open cage before it closes.
- When you grab the red key, instead of turning back or falling down, jump to the darker, recessed nukage fall your left. Hurry to the end (the nukage in this hallway is damaging), then use the teleporter to get to a dark room with your reward: a backpack, a BFG9000 and cells, guarded by barons of Hell and Hell knights. (sector 694)
Areas / screenshots
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:50.86||GrumpyCat||2015-05-18||sd06p050.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV max||4:46.26||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2022-05-27||sd06-446.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 19, 2022.