MAP06: Fistula (PlayStation Final Doom)
|PlayStation Final Doom maps
Master Levels episode
MAP06: Fistula is the sixth map of PlayStation Final Doom, and the sixth map of the Master Levels episode. It is based on the PC version of MAP01: The Fistula from the Master Levels for Doom II, with modifications to accommodate the PlayStation's framerate and memory limitations and add enhancements such as colored lighting. It uses the music track "The Foulness Consumes".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Comparison of versions
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
Climb the staircase and open the north door (which is actually a lift). Go through it to a room with three staircases, then head east through a gray room until you reach a lift. Take the lift to the bottom floor and head south and west through a corridor of flashing lights, watching out for monsters that teleport in. As you reach the end of the corridor a lift will lower in front of you; step on this left and head south and east through another corridor, which will bring you to a staircase; climb the stairs and open the wall at the end. Go east and carefully walk around the narrow ledge in the next room to the teleport pad. This will take you back to the start area, where you will see that another teleporter has lowered with the yellow skull key.
Collecting the yellow key will teleport you back to the room with the sludge pit. Head west through the gray room and back to the room with three staircases. Go north and open the yellow door in front of you, and take the blue skull key found behind it. Return to the previous room and go west, open the blue skull bars and climb the staircases to the red skull key.
Go back to the starting room and open the east door to get to a dark room. Press the switch in the south-west corner to lower the nearby lift, step on it and head south-west to jump to the bottom of the staircase. Head outside and go east and north around the brick building until you reach the red door. Open it and press the switch behind the door to finish the level.
Other points of interest
- A shotgun can be found in the room north of the starting area with three staircases. This room also contains two rockets and six sets of 4 shotgun shells.
- Opening the door to the sludge pit also opens a wall in front of you, revealing megaarmor.
- The building with the blue skull key also contains three boxes of shells, three boxes of bullets, and two boxes of rockets.
- A chaingun can be found in the north-west corner of the outdoor area leading to the red door.
- At the bottom of the staircase to the east of the blue key area, open the south wall to find a room containing a megasphere (sector 145), as well as three shotgun guys. A zombieman also appears on the Hurt Me Plenty or Ultra Violence (HMP/UV) skill levels.
Comparison of versions
- All switches use a skull switch on metal wall texture.
- The nukage pit on the east side of the level is changed to sludge. A switch has been added to lower the ledge around the pit, making it possible to get out of the pit if a player falls in.
- The flashing arrow on the staircase west of the sludge pit is removed.
- Meat hook decorations are added in the north-eastern room containing the pain elemental.
- Secret #1 does not require the red skull key to enter.
- The east entrance from the area with the blue skull key is blocked with four bars instead of three. The armor bonuses on top of these bars are removed.
- A different texture is used for the yellow door blocking access to the blue skull key. The door is flanked by skull bars instead of yellow door markers.
- The blue doors blocking access to the red skull key are changed to bars. The plinth holding the red key is changed to a small diamond.
- The heights of the brick building and outdoor area in the south of the map (leading to the red door and exit switch) are reduced in height. Two medikits are removed from the outdoor area.
- The alcoves either side of the red door, with red skull textures, are changed to pillars.
- A shotgun guy is removed from the top level of the north-eastern room (containing the pain elemental) on HMP/UV.
- An imp on the south side of the outdoor area leading to the exit switch on HMP/UV is moved west of its original location, putting it by the exit from the brick building in this area.
- The arch-vile guarding the exit switch is removed without replacement.
Areas / screenshots
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 145)
- facing north. (thing 146)
- facing west. (thing 147)
- facing west. (thing 148)
- facing north-west. (thing 149)
- facing south-west. (thing 150)