MAP06: Hell Knight Station (The Twilight Zone)
|The Twilight Zone maps 01-11|
(01 - 11)
MAP06: Hell Knight Station is the sixth map of The Twilight Zone. It was designed by Paul Corfiatis and uses the music track "". True to the name, this base style level contains seven Hell knights at Ultra-Violence and above. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 2:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
The bold markers refer to the annotated map below.
This level is fairly straightforward, you start in a room with four doors, three needing a key. The southernmost door is unlocked allowing you through first.
A - Switch A1 opens door A2, once you get the yellow key, kill the imps, chaingunners and Hell knight, and press switch A3. Go back to the start and open the yellow key door. The blue key is located behind the yellow key.
B - Switch B1 opens door B2, the red key is straight ahead. Once obtained, avoid the crushers, and destroy the three cacodemons which are revealed in the NE tech room. At the start a Hell knight is released.
C - Go through the red key door and progress through the area. Once you reach the end of a cave press switch C1 to reveal a secret teleporter C2 behind you. This takes you to the area where the yellow key was once located but a hidden entrance C3 has opened and it counts as a secret (see below). You can get the blue key and go back to the starting room to exit the level.
- At the start head south past the two crates then west up the staircase. The top step activates the SW crate revealing a secret room containing a soulsphere, backpack, bullets and shells. (sector 33)
- A little further is a room with two tekwall pillars, on their southern end each contains a blinking arrow. Opening them reveals two cyberdemons, one on each side which are immediately teleported into the cages to be crushed. Each cyber was in a secret sector, the left contains some health potions (sector 37) and to the right, armor bonuses. (sector 36)
- See Secret #2.
- Go through the red key door and on the SE wall is a hidden door taking you to the rocket launcher (sector 97) and a switch that lowers the partial invisibility.
- This secret area has three shotgun guys and takes you to the blue key. (sector 144) Please read the C section above for more info.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 4, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing east. (thing 29)
- facing south. (thing 53)
- facing west. (thing 85)
- facing south. (thing 121)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: