MAP06: On the Block (1000 Line Community Project)
|1000 Line CP maps|
MAP06: On the Block is the sixth map of 1000 Line Community Project. It was designed by SiMpLeToNiUm and uses the music track "I Am Jazz" by James Paddock (Jimmy).
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Head straight forward until you reach a large T-junction with Hell knights and/or barons of Hell then turn right and head towards a tall structure guarded by imps and one or two arachnotrons (plus more knights on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level or higher). Look at the north wall for a wooden door between two wall lights and go through it to a bar area with imps and zombies, as well as a mancubus behind the bar on HMP or higher. There are two satyr switches on the north wall; head round the bar and press the left-hand switch, dispose of the demons and other enemies that teleport in then head back to the starting point. Near the start is a set of steps leading up to a door leading into the west building; go through it and turn right to enter a room with a red carpet, then press the lion switch on the south wall. Leave the building then go round to its south side to enter an alley containing an armor and some armor bonuses; there is another door here leading into a library area. As soon as you enter the library, head north-west to find an arch-vile guarding a backpack then look east to see some zombiemen guarding a super shotgun and the red keycard.
Leave the library and return to the large T-junction then head east until you reach the large structure you saw earlier. Ride the pipe lift up to a rocket launcher and six boxes of rockets then open the metal wall in front of you to find the yellow keycard - the button behind it will open several closets containing monsters. Drop off the platform and head south-west towards a yellow key door, which leads to a large hall containing a spiderdemon and several other monsters - get them to infight and use the terminals for cover as you make your way to the south-west corner of the hall, where a door leads to a chamber with a plasma gun, a megaarmor (or armor on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM) skill levels) and ammo. Press the button in this chamber to open a second chamber in the south-east corner of the hall, which contains more ammo and two medikits; entering it will lower a wall by the spiderdemon's platform revealing one or two cyberdemons and many other monsters. Go into this alcove and press use on either of the exit walls to reveal an eye switch that you can press to finish the level.
Other points of interest
Pressing the right-hand satyr switch in the bar area will lower a block in the spiderdemon hall holding a partial invisibility.
- Enter the west building via the steps near the start. Go to the red carpet and you will notice that one of the bookshelves on the west wall is lowered slightly. Use it to lower it all the way and reveal a switch that lowers the next secret. (sector 56)
- The switch in secret #1 lowers the supercharge at the lower end of the library. Enter the building from either the north or south entrances to find the supercharge at the east wall. (sector 236)
- Press the switch where the yellow key is, then return to the upper area of the west building. As soon as you enter it, enter the small corridor on your right where you can enter a teleporter leading to a computer area map and a megaarmor (or armor on UV and NM). (sector 176)
- Press the button in the south-east chamber in the spiderdemon's hall to lower the computer terminals, and reveal another button at the base of the spiderdemon platform. Pressing this button lowers the invulnerability on the north-west block. (sector 223)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 2, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: