MAP06: Steak streak (Doomworld Mega Project 2013)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Climb down the catwalk, grab the ammo from the pedestal and open the door, go behind the fountain and push the switch to open the left door, step into the little garden, grab the chaingun in the skull pit and creep into the cave that leads to a prison cell, go through the Shawshank-esque carpet on the wall, get out of the cell into the main corridor the climb the stairs to push a switch that indicates that stairs have been risen somewhere, backtrack to the little garden to climb the new stairs that lead onto the wall, get there and jump into the little flesh alcove with a sunken switch in lava, push the button to raise the metal pedestal, get back onto the wall and proceed to jump onto said pedestal and run through the damaging little tunnel crack and hop into the other side of the wall, take the rocket launcher from the teeth pedestal and lower the two metallic bars to get into a cave, turn left and get upstairs to push a switch behind a red rock, the switch opens up the door in the cave, behind the door push a switch that rises and indicates that the taller metal bar in the outdoor area you've just been in, climb it up and push the button, it reveals another metallic lift to the far side outdoors, get up there and manuever above the catwalks and jump into the teleporter at the end, quickly run through the blood river, take the yellow skullkey on the face pedestal and rush back to the cliff, jump into the armor bonus that leads to the starting area and quickly go into the teleporter in the lava, climb down the catwalk, open the door and then head into the yellow door behind it, get up the left lift and push the switch above the damaging live wire, it opens the door below, head into the room it leads to and turn right to push the switch that lowers a chunk of flesh at the opposing side of the hallway, go there and climb upstairs to push a switch that lowers another chunk of flesh in front of it, get behind that chunk of flesh and flip a switch that opens up a new area, get behind the switch you just pressed and push the button that lowers a lift in front of it, get up the lift and push yet another button that lowers a wooden corner below the edge you were standing on, get into the room it revealed and push another button that lowers the silver bars in front of it, get behind the silver bars and ride the lift, to the right there's a green marble brick with an antena (It's an indicator towards a switch later on), turn left and get into the far cave and hop down from the metal bar and open the door, get behind it and turn right to push a button in the lava pit that opens a white rock near the door you just went through, get into the new room it opened up and climb up the metal lift, head towards the switch that then reveals a trap behind it that has another switch in it, it lowers down the green marble brick with the antena you saw not too long ago, get back to it and open the door to the left that leads you to a little lobby, turn there left towards the rock band, there's a switch there behind a wall near the bass guitar (The one on the right) open its eye, it will lower down the red skull key behind the changing room to the oppsite side of the room, take it and backtrack a little to the red door behind the marble antena brick, go down the winding tunnel and head towards the lava river.
Other points of interest
You can eat the steak behind the yellow door by pressing 'use' in front of it, it will grant you a berserk pack
- At the starting area, you have to run from the catwalk to the red rock and then run onto the ammo pedestal, the pedestal will lower and the soul sphere in front of it too.
- In the little garden there's a very tall metal pillar with a teleporter above it, to be able to fall onto it you have to get up the red wall closest to it, and jump from there. It leads you to a locked prison cell and a Plasma gun with some ammo for it.
It's possible to break this map in multiplayer mode if one player lowered the tall metal bar that has to rise higher when a certain button is pushed and if a different player would push said button just as the metal bar is fully lowered by the first player.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
- You can glide beneath the yellow flesh and the red tower wall near the start, as a shortcut to get the yellow skullkey and a shortcut to get to the yellow door.
- A less effective trick to get the yellow skull key would be to carefully jump from the red tower wall to the crack in the wall instead of rising the metal lift.
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Last updated on December 3, 2016.
The map is in Boom format.
Inspiration and development
The inspiration is coming from the main theme of Inferno from Doom and little touches of Doom 2's main earth theme. The map itself was made via Doom Builder 2, TimeOfDeath later pasted his Sky Transfer smiley outside the map so that the hellish sky will only show up on this particular as this was first submitted at the MAP21 slot.
- The walkthrough carpet on the wall in the prison is a refrence to the escape from the Shawshank Redemption movie.
- This is Joe-ilya's first map accepted into a Community Project, which is unsurprising.
- There's a John Romero head in one of the prison cells as a gag of Bobby Prince being a lawyer.
- Joe-ilya himself made this article and this map.