MAP06: The Round Crossroads (Hell Revealed)
|Hell Revealed maps 01-11|
According to the Hell Revealed info pack:
- This level revolves around a central outdoor area, with several areas that are connected to it. Still no heavy resistance.
- Size: medium
- Difficulty: easy
Flip the switch at the start to raise some stairs, leading to the main courtyard. Kill all the enemies here and enter the central building to find a switch to open up the crossroads. Take the north path and find an alley leading left that has a lift and a door. Be careful though as there is a crushing ceiling that activates as you approach. Take the lift up and flip the switch to lower it, and then you can get the red keycard. Drop down to the crossroads and take the west road, which is blocked by a red bar. The nearby door here can be opened with the red key, and it has a switch that lowers the bar. After lowering the bar, head through, and take a right at the fork. At the end of this path is the blue keycard, and there is also a door here that you should enter. Kill the arch-vile and imps in this room and hit the switch at the far end, then return to the room with the crusher. This time take the door at the north end of the room and then go left at the fork to find the blue door. Open it and kill the barons of Hell inside, then flip the switch to activate a lift up. The next room has a large amount of enemies, so kill them and then head up the stairs to a computer area map. There should be a bridge with health bonuses leading to the exit, which was raised after hitting the switch in the arch-vile's room.
- Upon reaching the circular courtyard, go inside the square structure located in its center. Flip the switch inside to open three pathways leading out of the courtyard. Go through the eastern opening, where there are three rusty metal "fences" with chaingunners behind them. Lower the one to the north, then open the wall with the inverted cross design on it. Flip the switch in the room behind, then return to the previous room. The inverted cross wall opposite the one you entered the switch room from has opened; lower the fence in front of it, and follow the pathway beyond up to a ledge overlooking the courtyard. (sector 48)
- At the south end of the map, beyond the red skull barrier, is a room with a lowering lift upon which a shotgun is placed. Open the wall directly across from the lift to get a soul sphere. (sector 146)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||01:12||Jakub Machata (DooMerMan)||2003-06-25||hr06-112.zip|
|UV max||03:48||M. Phoenix Dailey (Archy)||2012-03-18||hr06-348.zip|
|UV -fast||04:30||M. Phoenix Dailey (Archy)||2012-03-24||hf06-430.zip|
|UV -respawn||03:45||Mate Crnčević (Relic)||2013-08-19||he06-345.zip|
|UV Tyson||19:46||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2002-01-02||ht061946.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 4, 2020.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing north-west. (thing 10)
- facing south. (thing 12)
- facing north-east. (thing 15)