MAP06: Useless Inventions (BTSX-E2)
|Back to Saturn X E2 maps 06-11|
MAP06: Useless Inventions is the sixth map of the second episode of Back to Saturn X. It was designed by Björn Ostmann (Vader) and uses the music track "Encased," composed by James Paddock (Jimmy). In the official add-on version, this level's name is Business Particles.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- From the start, clamber on top of the crate staircase in front of you and turn right. At the end of this short passageway, drop to the right and use the brick wall to lower it, revealing a teleporter that takes you to the platform with the blur artifact and health bonuses. (sector 571) From it, you can straferun to the other platform to collect ammo and a berserk pack.
- At the spot where you drop in secret #1, climb to the left. Keep jumping on top of the containers until you reach an area with armor bonuses, a box of bullets and a chainsaw. (sector 577)
- Back at the crate staircase at the very start, head up and turn left immediately when you can. Hop on top of the crates marked with health bonuses until you reach a berserk pack on Ultra-Violence and higher, a soulsphere on Hurt me plenty, or a megarmor on Hey, not too rough and lower. (sector 192)
- At the northwest end of the crate warehouse, one of the small crates has a switch. Hit it to lower the wall (sector 289), giving you access to six armor bonuses behind the crates (visible from the south end of the crate pile) and the section of street behind the wooden barricade that hides the red key door, two rockets, a stimpack and four health bonuses. The teleport takes you back to the warehouse, on top of 20 health bonuses.
- In the alleyway at the north end of the map, use the stacked boxes to jump over the stone railing and into the sandy area with the ruins. There are two mancubi (on Ultra-Violence), some rockets, cells, and a cluster of health bonuses spelling the wad's acronym, 'BTSX'. (sector 576) To exit you can use the steps or walk north to be teleported back to the main street.
- Take the lift behind the northern yellow key door. On the way down, jump off to the platform with all the imps. There are rockets, shells and a medikit. (sector 879)
- In the easternmost building after picking up the soulsphere at its south wall, go around the corner to pick up the shotgun shells. This opens a previously locked room at the very west end of the map, as well as a teleporter behind you (guarded by a chaingunner) to take you there. Inside it is a switch that raises the level of the short lift on the westernmost square building. The entire second floor counts as a secret, and holds ammo, health and the red key. (sector 467)
- Near the exit of secret #2 there is a yellow door that leads to a different part of the warehouse. The path through it is mostly a linear series of jumps and climbs over boxes, culminating in a soulsphere at the very end.
- The area behind the red key contains a plasma gun and several armor bonuses.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 20, 2018.
This level contains eleven spawn points:
- facing north-west. (thing 250)
- facing north. (thing 414)
- facing east. (thing 415)
- facing east. (thing 416)
- facing west. (thing 417)
- facing east. (thing 418)
- facing south-west. (thing 419)
- facing south-east. (thing 420)
- facing south-east. (thing 421)
- facing south-east. (thing 687)
- facing north-west. (thing 688)