MAP07: Bloodsea Keep (Master Levels)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
There are three keys in the level. You can get red and yellow keys at any time but to get the blue key you have to possess the red one.
- From the starting point open the door before you to get to a courtyard with a blood-fountain in the middle.
- Go to the end of the courtyard and open the door to get inside.
- Go left to the western alcove then go straight upstairs.
- From the room with four red fire sticks go forth towards the end of the long corridor and press the skull button to the left to lower the platform in middle of the courtyard with the red key on it.
- You cannot leap down from the balcony. Open the wooden door to get outside. Leap down to the courtyard and before the platform is risen grab the red skull key.
- Enter the building again and head to the eastern alcove then to the library.
- In the library go upstairs and then to the very end of the long corridor.
- Now get outside to the fort. Enter the door with the skull on the red brick (it requires red key) to get to a small room with the blue skull key. Grab the key.
- Inside the building head to the western alcove then to the left.
- Proceed until you reach a balcony with a lost soul and several items to collect then proceed again along the corridor and head to left.
- Enter the room with a lava pit in middle then to your left along the corridor.
- In the room where another balcony and a fireplace are enter the fireplace and open the secret door in it.
- Press the gargoyle button. If you try to get out of the room you will be teleported out of the fireplace.
- Return to the lava pit, leap down, enter the alcove and use a teleporter.
- Now you are on the top of the bookcase in the library. The yellow key lies on the very south-eastern bookcase. To get it you have to walk on the several bookcases.
Leading to the exit
- Now when all three keys are collected you have to make your way to the exit. Inside the building go one of two staircases. Open a red door.
- Go along the long corridor and open the blue door in the end.
- In the marble room enter the last door that requires the yellow key.
- Now you are in the red cave with two columns. In order to lower a metallic platform before you four buttons located in the various parts of cave must be pressed one by one. First, go to the north-west part and use two green lifts. Press the button in the alcove and beware the ceiling crusher. Do the same with north-western, then north-eastern and, finally, south-eastern parts.
- When the aforementioned metallic platform lowers go up the stairs to the place where a black throne is. Walk around the throne and press the button in the back of it to open the door with exit room. Enter the teleporter to finish this level.
Other points of interest
In the long corridor before the blue key door, open the eastern wall with red flag (it requires the red key) to enter a dungeon-like area. Cross the blood pool and enter the door. The cells containing monsters and various items can be opened manually. Open the door to enter the room containing a soulsphere. To get out of this place press use on the fireplace. Descend by stairs. A slow crusher will activate. If playing on I'm too young to die or Hey not too rough there is a berserk pack. In this dungeon cells can be opened by pressing use. Also, while opening one cell, another cell may be opened.
- When you do teleport to the top of the staircase at the library containing health bonuses open a northern wall with a picture. There are eight shells and a super shotgun on the column lowering as you enter. (sector 224)
- The deepest place in the dungeon where there are many cells to open is counted as secret. (sector 234)
- Before dropping down to the pit with lava and alcove containing a teleport pad that deposits you to the library, open the marble wall with lion art. There is a megaarmor. (sector 284)
- Not in the easy skills. You first need to kill the mancubus to reach this secret as the doors are opened after its death. The mancubus stands in the western part of the blood pool surrounding the whole level. Because the mancubus is present on just the skill levels since Hurt me plenty you cannot get access to this secret. Once the mancubus is killed head to the north to meet the alcove opened that contains three lost souls and a chaingun with ammo and a teleport leading you to the entrance hall. (sector 322)
While playing on either I'm too young to die or Hey not too rough you cannot visit the room of secret#4 whose doors are tagged as 666 because the mancubus that opens this secret after his death is absent on these skill levels.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the original map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are: