MAP07: Dry Well (NOVA II)
|NOVA II: New Dawn maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Press the switch below the yellow skull key, go upstairs, go left into a small alcove and press the switch inside it which will lower a couple of walls by the starting door, go to its right alcove and press the switch inside it, now go to the other alcove and press the switch to lower a lift in front of it, get up the lift and push the button on the other end, go to the right door and you'll be teleported below (On skills 1-2 you won't be), go left and push the switch, then go back and into the opposite direction and open the door, go through it and go straight to the starting area and take the yellow skull key, go upstairs and go through the two open doors, go upstairs and then open the yellow door, push the switch on the behind of the metal pillar, go outside and take the red skull key on the now lowered gray brick pillar, backtrack to the start, go upstairs and open the red door, open the right door behind it, push the switch behind it, go back to the red door and take the door to the right, go behind the red cross, lower the metal lift, take it up, push the switch on the behind of the green pillar and then jump down to the opened red cross.
Other points of interest
- After you've pushed the second switch in the map to lower a trap, go to the right alcove with the third switch in the game, turn right and push the clean rocks to lower a plasma gun and a couple of energy cells. (sector 62)
- After you've pushed the switch behind the yellow door, you can step on the lowered central metal wall which will lower a supercharge for a while inside the monster closet to the left of when you leave the yellow door room, between a couple of flesh walls. (sector 126)
Monsters won't attack the player while he's over or under the fake 3D bridge.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
It's possible to skip most of the map by performing an arch-vile jump in the second well by jumping onto the yellow pillar (make sure you didn't lower it yet) and skipping having to take both keys and ending up technically behind the red door.
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 202)
- facing north. (thing 203)
- facing east. (thing 204)
- facing west. (thing 205)
- facing north-west. (thing 206)
Doesn't use the traditional MAP07: Dead Simple (Doom II) gimmick.
Inspiration and development
Started off as a tiny sketch drawn at school, then heavily modified and expanded on a computer.
- Joe-Ilya (the map's author) edited this page.