MAP07: Geryon (PlayStation Final Doom)
|PlayStation Final Doom maps|
Master Levels episode
MAP07: Geryon is the seventh map of PlayStation Final Doom, and the seventh map of the Master Levels episode. It is based on the PC version of MAP08: Geryon from the Master Levels for Doom II, with modifications to accommodate the PlayStation's framerate and memory limitations and add enhancements such as colored lighting. It uses the music track "Unhallowed".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Comparison of versions
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
Follow the blood river in front of you and drop down a hole. Open the door to the north, go north through the next room and climb the staircase to a long outdoor area. Head east (either by climbing up the elevated platform or going around it) and open the door at the end to enter a brick room. Head north and then north-west until you reach a door. In the next room, press use on the demon face texture on your left to reveal another room - go inside it and go through the north opening. You will drop into a damaging blood pool - go south-west and press the switch on the west wall, kill the enemies that ambush you and go south-east, leading to a lift out of the pool. Return to the previous room where a door on the east wall has now opened - take the blue keycard from behind it.
Head north through the blue door and open the wall at the north end of the next room. Keep heading north down the stairs until you reach a circular outdoor area. Press the switch on the west wall to lower the lift next to it, then step on this lift to be taken up to another switch. Press this switch and quickly run back up the staircase, heading west through a door that has opened temporarily. Follow the narrow passage to a teleporter leading to a circular room - from here, go south and step on another teleporter to be taken to the exit area.
In this area, run north up either staircase. At the top, run south and press the switch on the central walkway, which will lower the wall behind you and reveal the exit teleporter. Head north through this teleporter to finish the level.
Other points of interest
- The room past the blue door contains a rocket launcher. Taking it opens two alcoves to the east and west containing several enemies - you can press either of the switches in this room to lower the walls and get into these alcoves, which will cause hidden doors to open. The east alcove leads to a plasma gun guarded by a Hell knight, while the west alcove leads to two medikits, a berserk, a box of rockets and an energy cell pack guarded by two imps.
- In the eastern-most part of the level in the brick room, go to the raised platform with two tall techno lamps and press use on the north-west wall, revealing an alcove with a computer area map. Both the alcove (sector 0) and the door itself (sector 2) are flagged as secret.
- See Secret #1.
- In the eastern-most part of the level in the brick room, go up the west stairs to a small room with a hanging torso above a small stand. Walk round the stand and press use on its west wall - this will open an alcove behind you containing armor.
Comparison of versions
- All switches use a skull switch on metal wall texture.
- Nukage and sludge pits throughout the level are changed to blood.
- The lit platform on your right at the start of the level flickers randomly.
- Bloody meat hooks are added to the room with the zig-zag walkway and a lit room on the east side of the map, but they only appear on Ultra Violence (UV) skill level.
- The staircases leading up to the large nukage tank near the center of the level have fewer steps.
- The marble face on the floor near the blue keycard is removed. The opening in the ceiling with visible sky has been made longer.
- Barrels are removed from the exit area.
- Barons of Hell and mancubi are replaced with Hell knights.
- Revenants are replaced with imps.
- The arachnotrons in the exit area on UV are replaced with a Hell knight on all skill levels, plus two lost souls on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) and UV.
- The arch-vile guarding the exit teleporter on UV is replaced with two Hell knights, which appear on all skill levels.
Areas / screenshots
This level contains twelve spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 101)
- facing south. (thing 102)
- facing east. (thing 103)
- facing east. (thing 104)
- facing north. (thing 105)
- facing north. (thing 106)
- facing west. (thing 107)
- facing north. (thing 108)
- facing south. (thing 150)
- facing west. (thing 158)
- facing west. (thing 169)
- facing west. (thing 172)