MAP07: Identity Check (NDCP)
|NDCP maps 01-11|
This is a very interesting level where crossing through frames with red lights may indicate something bad might happen, and crossing frames with blue lights will generally mean you are safe.
For the quick way of reaching the blue key, head up from the start and go down the long hallway until you find the first door on your left. You will end up in an area with concentric hallways. Here, do not go through any frames with red lights on them. If you do, the doors will close and you will not access the key (the first time you do this, you will also release a number of monsters as well). You can only open doors going outwards at this point. If and when you mess up, press the switch in the southeast corner of the outermost hallway to reset the puzzle. Go through the blue-lit paths progressively towards the center in order to get the blue keycard. For the quick solution, take the south, the east, and then the south frame in order to successfully reach it. When you get the key, you do not have to worry about taking the wrong frame at that point.
Now go back to the hallway and keep going until the next passage on your left. If you go through the red frame, a closet behind you with a cacodemon opens up. Here is another maze-like section. Your goal here is to get through the bars in the northwestern section of the maze. To do so quickly from the start of the maze, take the right path and go up the stairs in front, then turn left and hit the switch to open the bars. Through the bars is a prison-like area with the blue door straight ahead. Hit the switch next to the compartment to open it, allowing you to get the yellow keycard. The switch also reveals several switches which opens the prison cells. Hit these if you want to kill some more monsters and get two stimpacks, otherwise backtrack to the main hallway. In the hallway, keep going eastward, making sure to go through the blue-lit passages lest you want barons of Hell to ambush you. When you see the big gray door up ahead, there is a small passage to your right. Go down this passage to the yellow door. Inside is a large computer room, with the switch that opens the big gray door. The hallway behind this door leads to the exit.
- The southeast corner of the map holds a chainsaw. (sector 45)
- In the southwesternmost room, use the switch on the northeast wall to lower a column, and stepping on this column lowers the next one in front of you. Go across each column as they lower and the southeast wall will lower as well, revealing ammo, medikits, and a green armor. (sector 165)
- At the westernmost bend of the C-shaped hallway is a door. Near the door is a lift that only lowers if you head to the southernmost end of the hallway towards the lift, or if you go through the closest blue frame to the north of the door. Upon triggering this lift to go down, quickly run to it and ride it up. A few rockets and stimpacks are up here. The lift in the center of this hall leads to a rocket launcher as well as a box of shotgun shells (which only appears on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower). (sector 98)
- In the maze-like area at the north end, head around to the middle of the maze until you see a set of steps. Take them up and jump across. Two lost souls are in front of a switch. After flipping this switch, go back to the southwestern part of this maze, and at the end will be another switch to use. After using it, go back a little to find another switch, which will lower the lift near the previous switch. The lift leads down to a sewer where you will eventually find a soul sphere. (sector 85)
Areas / screenshots
The last cacodemon
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||10:21||Serge Marudov (Never Again)||2010-03-29||ndcpmax.zip||1|
Last updated on April 3, 2013.
1. ^ ndcpmax.zip is a collection of UV max demos for NDCP.