MAP07: Mephisto's Maosoleum (Master Levels)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
- In the starting area, take a walk around to grab ammo, especially rockets. A pillar at the west has a slightly different color when compared to the others. Go to the western portion and lower this pillar. Kill the revenant that hides inside and enter the teleporter.
- Kill all disturbing monsters. Notice that each Icon of Sin wall has an opening in the form of a cage. Four mancubi hide behind these cages, so kill them. Once they are killed, walls will begin lowering at each corner of the room. Grab the red key at the north-western corner, then leave through the southeastern one.
- In the starting area, go to the most northwestern house. Press the switch to enter. Inside, press the switch and leave. This button opened the bars in the southwestern alcove of the castle (in the outside area). Visit this alcove and grab the megaarmor. A staircase will be built up. Walk up and open the door. Enter the alcove with an arrow pointing that you should jump down. Do that to lower the platform with the blue key. Grab the key.
- Leave the mausoleum through the southeastern alcove. Outside, re-enter the castle through the western blue door marked with two fire sticks.
- Kill the barons and lower and use a lift in the middle. You are in the western cage, and now the Icon of Sin will begin its attacks. It is in the eastern cage. Shoot from the western to the eastern cage to kill the spectres that are in the same room with the final boss. Once the spectres are dead, the Icon of Sin can be killed. It is advisable that you do this as quick as possible, as random monster types will be spawned immediately in the room with you, and you may have to turn your attention to them, losing time and ammo. Unfortunately, if you run out of rockets, you cannot complete the level.
Other points of interest
Never waste the available rockets against the revenants on this level, as they will be needed when fighting the Icon of Sin. Instead, use the other weapons, whose ammo can be found in plenty throughout the level.
- When you enter the blue key door at the west, open the northern wall in the next room. Take the box of rockets. (sector 187)
- Secret #1 is counted twice when you enter it because of the small lamp in the ceiling. (sector 191)
- In the same room, open the wall at the opposite site. Take a single cell charge. (sector 188)
- Secret #3 is counted twice when you enter it because of the small lamp in the ceiling. (sector 190)
- Rise to the highest tower in the level by walking up the stairs that are built up. Step towards the room with the arrow a bit to cross the line. This will make the platform border at the north-western house go up and down (if you just cross the line towards the alcove with the revenant, there is not any effect). Head to that north-western structure. Use the narrow border when it is down. When it rises, jump over into the northern window. Take the stimpack if needed and open the wall to the west. Take the invulnerability. (sector 203)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the original map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are: