MAP07: Nessus (Master Levels)
This level occupies the map slot MAP07. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP07.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- Open the door before you. In the room of four lamp open the switch-button in the west. Use a lift.
- In the courtyard use either southern or northern alcove with one lamp and a button to walk inside, then walk upstairs.
- Press the gargoyle button to lower a platform with a Hell knight and/or a baron of Hell (on the UV skill). Press the button to lower the same platform in the eastern portion of map.
- Head to the eastern courtyard either by walking through northern tunnel or walking through central building or going in the area where you have started this level.
- In the eastern courtyard enter inside, and walk upstairs. The door will open automatically. Press the switch for the finish.
Other points of interest
- Inaccessible secret. In the central building in north part pass through the fake brick wall and from the ledge jump over to the other side. You can get a soulsphere (or a megasphere on UV skill instead) and ammo here. Open the eastern wall. Grab the BFG9000. The secret is inaccessible because you never can step over the narrow doorway. (sector 211) Thus, the secret count is always zero percent in the intermission screen.
See secret #1 above.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the original map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|NM speed||00:48||Didier Tranber||2010-09-25||nessn048.zip|
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north-west. (thing 9)
- facing south-west. (thing 10)
- facing south-east. (thing 11)
- facing north-east. (thing 12)
- facing north. (thing 13)