MAP07: Showdown (Alien Vendetta)
|Alien Vendetta maps 01-10|
MAP07: Showdown is the seventh map of the megawad Alien Vendetta. It was designed by Anders Johnsen and constructed with DETH v4.16B. It uses the music track "Intermission from DOOM" from Doom. The par time defined in the executable is 2:20.
- You need to kill all of the arachnotrons out here. Some of them are on the grassy floors, some are in cages, and some are in the moat. Killing all of them raises a bridge required for exiting.
- You need to enter the west side building of the level and press the switch inside. This opens one of the doors preventing you from exiting.
- Do the same thing as in 2. except on the east side.
Other points of interest
In the southwestern sector of the moat, there is the berserk pack sitting in the narrow corner behind the arachnotron cage.
- The doorway leading outside counts as secret. It is impossible to miss. (sector 10)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
Current Compet-n records
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||01:09||Adam Hegyi||2001-12-26||av07-109.zip|
|NM speed||02:15||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2008-04-26||an07-215.zip|
|UV max||02:15||Radek Pecka||2002-04-05||av07-215.zip|
|UV -fast||02:43||M. Phoenix Dailey (Archy)||2013-03-30||af07-243.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
Current DSDA records
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||1:09.31||Adam Hegyi||2001-12-26||av07-109.zip|
|UV max||2:15.86||Radek Pecka||2002-04-05||av07-215.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 144)
- facing north-east. (thing 150)
- facing east. (thing 151)
- facing south-west. (thing 152)
- facing north-east. (thing 153)