MAP07: The Distant Base (Disrepair)
MAP07: The Distant Base is the seventh map of Disrepair. It was designed by Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531) and uses the music track "Malebolge" by Mr. Freeze (from Doom the Way id Did). The par time defined in MAPINFO is 35 seconds.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
From the beginning, travel through the southern doors, and eventually through to the blue keycard. From there, travel through the blue door in the west, and press the switch at the far end of the room. This reveals a new area, so travel through, dispatching the swarm of enemies, and enter the door in the northern section. Avoid the Hell knight, and press the switch beyond it. This reveals a switch and lift in the main corridor, leading to the red key. Collect the key, head through the red door, and follow the switches to raise steps up to the exit area.
Other points of interest
- At the very start of the level, activate the green bars on the cage around the yellow key to gain access to it. (sector 176)
- Just inside the blue door, there is a small section of wall with two orange arrows. Activate it, and then press the switch behind it. This reveals the yellow door, located in the southern room with the blue floor. The secret lies behind the door, provided you have the yellow key from secret #1. (sector 207)
- Once you unlock the lift in the main corridor, stand on it, but keep pressing the switch once you reach the top. It will elevate further, allowing you to run forward onto an invisible walkway, through an invisible wall, and into a room containing a BFG9000 and five backpacks. (sector 248)
- This secret also actives as you approach the BFG in secret #3. (sector 250)
- Further down the corridor after secret #2, just before you pick up the SuperShield. (sector 270)
One enemy fails to spawn in, thus you can only finish with 99% kills.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Inspiration and development
Once you kill the Hell knight in the second to last room, you can return to the waterfall at the south of the map, to reveal an Easter egg. Former associate of Cyberdemon531's and fan of her early Minecraft let's play videos, MRCoolmanist's face appears.